Chapter 3

I sat on one of the ledges of one of the buildings in Gotham. Nightwing stood next to me.

"It's too quiet," he said.

"That means less work for us." I said leaning back against the wall.

"No it means a lot more work for us," he said. "Oracle got anything for me?" He asked into his ear piece.

"Pengiun, I knew it was too quiet tonight." Nightwing said. "Come on, Penguin is holding a man and woman hostage in a jewelry shop."

"Where?" I asked as I got up and prepared a grappling arrow.

"Just follow me." Nightwing said as he stepped off the ledge.

He jumped to a fire escape and jumped on his bike. I got myself down there and climbed on the bike with him. I pulled my hood up and held tight to Nightwing.

We got to the jewelry shop and the alarm was blaring. We got to the roof of the building next to it. And made the approach of the element of surprise.

"Penguin uses birds as his security, you deal with them, I've got Penguin." Nightwing ordered.

"Got it," I said.

We broke the skylight and dropped in. Birds of prey started flying at us. I went into quick fire mode and shot as many as I could. Nightwing ran at Penguin, and punched him in the face. I shot the last of the birds, then ran to the hostages.

Their eyes read panic.

"Hey it's alright we're here to help." I said as I cut them loose. I took their gags off.

"Get them out of here, I've got Penguin." Nightwing yelled.

"On it!" I yelled.

I got the hostages out and the police had the place surrounded. I escorted them to the police line. An older man with orange hair, a mustache, and glasses approached me.

"Are you Batman's latest protege?" He asked.

"No I'm the Green Arrow protege," I Said.

Nightwing walked out of the building with Penguin in tow. Police ran to Nightwing and took Penguin.

"Commissioner," Nightwing nodded.

"Thank you again, Nightwing and-"

"Zodiac," I said.

"Commissioner Gordon," he held his hand out for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you," I said.

"Penguin was stealing diamonds when the security guard and her husband came upstairs and were taken as hostages." Nightwing Said.

"Thank you," the commissioner said.

Nightwing and I left and went back on patrol. We stayed out all night.

We sat at the top of the Wayne Tech building, watching the sun creep over the horizon.

"I love sunrises." I said as the
Sun's rays filled the streets below.

"This is the best spot to watch the sunrise." Nightwing Said.

"Is it true you've been doing this since you were nine?" I asked.

"It is,"

"did you ever get a proper child hood?"

"Why are you asking me this?" He asked looking at me.

"I'm just curious."

"I know, you have the makings of a good detective. Maybe Robin, Batgirl and I could work with you and you could be a batfamily level detective." He smiled.