Chapter 16:

Jonathan dove for the bat and Nancy backed away.

"What's here?" Steve asked.

"Where is it?" Nancy asked looking around.

The three of us put our backs together and looked around the room while Steve still tried to get answers.

"Where is it?" Nancy asked.

"I don't know. I don't see it." Jonathan said looking around.

"Where is what?" Steve repeated.

We continued to look for it, ignoring Steve.

"Hello! Will someone please explain to me what the hell..." Steve screamed.

A loud banging sound made us all turn and look at the ceiling. Something was breaking through it. Nancy aimed the gun and fired a couple shots before I grabbed her and pulled her with us. Nancy and I took off down the hall towards Will's room, Jonathan following with Steve in tow.

I jumped over it and ran into Will's room first with Nancy following. Jonathan yelled 'jump' with Steve responding with a stream of 'oh my god's. I closed the door as soon as Steve entered and Jonathan pulled me away from the door.

"What the hell was that?" Steve asked yelling it repeatedly.

The three of us yelled at him to be quiet and Jonathan pushed me behind him before readying the bat and Nancy aiming the gun. I grabbed the lighter from Jonathan's pocket and held it up so he could focus on the bat. The four of us listened quietly the monster made noises.

"What's it doing?" Nancy asked.

"I don't know." Jonathan muttered.

It got quiet but I kept my eyes on the door.

"Do you hear anything?" Nancy asked.

"No." I muttered.

The four of us walked to the door slowly. Jonathan opened the door and peered around the corner, us following his lead. Steve was right behind me as we walked out and saw nothing. We walked down the hallway back into the living room. Seeing nothing, I dropped my guard just a little. Hearing muttering I turned to Steve talking to himself until it turned into him yelling and stomping to the phone. Nancy walked over and ripped the phone from his hands and threw it.

"What are you doing? What are you doing? Are you insane?" He sounded like he was about to cry.

"It's going to come back. So you need to leave. Right now." Nancy ordered.

I glanced at Jonathan who was continuing to look around the room. Steve ran past me and out the door, slamming it behind him. The lights started flickering again and the three of us started spinning in circles.

"Come on. Come on you son of a bitch." Jonathan muttered.

"Do you see it?" He asked.

"No. Where?" Nancy said.

"Come on." I whispered.

We continued to look around until the lights went out, leaving us in total darkness. I turned and saw a figure behind Jonathan.

"Jonathan!" I screamed.

He turned and the monster tackled him to the floor, making him drop the bat. The bat rolled away.

"Jonathan!" Nancy called.

I watched in fear as the monster drooled on him. This was what I saw.

"Jonathan!" Nancy called again.

I looked around for the bat but couldn't find it anywhere. Looking back at Jonathan, the creature opened it's face. Gunshots sounded and I jumped back.