Chapter 14:

Joyce, Jonathan, Nancy and I sat on the couch nervously waiting while Hopper went to get the boys and the girl. I grabbed Jonathan's hand and he looked at me. Car lights made us all stand up minutes later. The four of us headed outside to see all of them approaching the house. As Jonathan and I stepped onto the porch, still holding hands, Nancy walked out of the house behind us.

"Mike! Oh my god. Mike!" Nancy exclaimed and ran past us to her younger brother, pulling him into a hug.

I let go of Jonathan's hand and stepped down to stand beside Joyce.

"I was so worried about you." She looked at him.

"Yeah. Uh... Me too." Mike said unsure and confused as Nancy's behavior.

Right as Nancy saw the girl, I did too. Mike turned his head to see where his sister was looking. The girl looked back and I took in her appearance. She was bald, wearing a pink dress with a blue jacket over it.

"Is that my dress?" Nancy asked.

The girl look at Dustin and Lucas before quickly looking back at Nancy.

----------

Mike held up a piece of paper with a line that had a stick figure and a dot on top and an arrow point to under the line. It was supposed to be an example of the "upside down".

"Okay. So in this example, we're the acrobat." He explained, using the pen to point to the stick figure above the line.

He moved the pen to the dot. "Will and Barbara and that monster. They're this flea."

I kept my eyes on the picture, trying to understand what he was saying. He then pointed to the space below the line.

"And this is the upside down. Where Will is hiding. Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there was a loop through time and space." Mike informed us.

"A gate." Dustin spoke up.

"That we tracked to Hawkins lab." Lucas added.

"With our compasses." Dustin said.

We all looked at them confused.

"Okay so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field and that can change the direction of a compass needle." Dustin explained once he realized we didn't understand.

I zoned out trying to process what they were saying.

"Yes." Eleven said bringing me out of my thoughts.

We all turned to look at her, including the boys. Hopper looked at the girl and she looked at him.

"Near a large water tank." Hopper said, eyes still on the girl.

She nodded. "Yes."

"How'd you know all that?" Dustin asked looking at Hopper.

"He's seen it." Mike said.

Eleven and Hopper looked at each other while Joyce spoke up.

"Is there anyway that you could reach Will? You could talk to him in this..." Joyce started to ask before trailing off.

"Upside down." Eleven spoke looking at the frantic mother.

"Down. Yeah." She whispered.

The girl nodded and I felt Jonathan's hand on mine. I intertwined our fingers but we both continued to look at the kids in front of us.

"And our friend Barbara. Can you find her too?" Nancy asked.

------------

We were all around the kitchen table, watching as Eleven used the walkie talkie to try and communicate with them. Only static came out and the lights started flickering. I looked up at the lights for a moment before looking back at Eleven. Eleven opened her eyes and looked at Joyce.