Chapter 12:

"Nance." I breathed out.

"Jesus." Jonathan mumbled.

I looked at Nancy to see her walking towards the alley and I followed after her. We entered to see the douche squad in the alley.

"Aww. Hey there princess." Carol said once she saw Nancy.

I hung back at she walked up to Steve. She slapped him and I stood there in shock as Steve's friends screamed 'oh'.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked angrily.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? I was worried about you. Can you believe I was actually worried about you?" He said looking down at her.

"What are you talking about?" She questioned.

"Wouldn't lie, if I were you." Carol butted in. "You don't want to be known as the lying slut, now, would you?"

Jonathan walked past me and I grabbed his arm. He looked at me and I shook my head but he ignored me and walked closer to Nancy.

"Speak of the devil." Tommy said.

Nancy turned to see Jonathan and quickly spun back around to face the others.

"You came by last night." Nancy said as she realized.

"Ding ding ding. Does she get a prize?" Carol asked obnoxiously.

Nancy shook her head. "Look I don't know what you think you saw but it wasn't like that."

"What? You just let him in your room to study?" Steve asked, putting a small emphasis on study.

"Or for another pervy photo session?" He asked as his eyed traveled up to Jonathan. 

I stepped towards Jonathan and grabbed his hand. He intertwined our fingers.

"We were just...." Nancy started before she was cut off.

"You were just what? Finish that sentence." He looked at her with an unreable look.

He stepped closer to her and my blood boiled.

"Finish the sentence." He said more intimidatingly.

I went to move forward but Jonathan used our still connected hand to pull me back. Nancy remained silent and Steve shook his head.

"Go to hell Nancy." Steve spat.

I ripped my hand from Jonathan's and walked up to the others.

"You got to hell, Steve." I yelled.

"Oo. I'm so scared." He said straightfaced.

"You're a douchebag who's all bark and no bite. You throw a fit when things don't go your way. So if anyone has the right to be mad it's Nancy." I defended.

"Lee. Come on." Jonathan said.

I turned and as we went to walk away Steve spoke up.

"How are Angelica and Lorena?" Steve asked, the smirk evident in his voice.

I spun on my heels to face. "You leave them out of this."

Steve looked up at the sky and laughed before looking back down at me.

"Oh right. They're missing." He tilted his head.

I went to launch myself at them but Jonathan wrapped his arms around my waist and held me back.

"Just ignore them." He whispered.

"You know what Byers." Steve started to follow us as we backed away.