Chapter 9:

Jonathan climbed into the passenger side of a car and Nancy looked at him confused.

"What are you doing?" She asked, watching him confused.

"Just give me a second." He muttered.

I looked around to make sure no one would see us before looking back at what Jonathan was doing. Watching, he used a knife to pick the lock of the compartment. It opened and he pulled a gun out. I looked at Nancy and her eyes widened. She turned to look at me and I shrugged.

"Are you serious?" She asked dropping her hands to her side and looking at him in disbelief.

"What? You want to find this thing and take another photo?" He asked pulling ammo boxes out and putting them in his suit jacket pocket.

"Yell at it?" He continued, getting out of the car.

He closed the door and stepped towards us.

"This is a terrible idea." Nancy shook her head.

Jonathan looked away then back to us. "Yeah. Well, it's the best we've got."

She looked around unsure.

"What. You can tell someone but they're not going to believe you. You know that." Jonathan slightly shook his head.

"Your mom would." Nancy looked up at him.

"She's been through enough." He quickly shot down the idea.

"She deserves to know." Nancy defended.

"Yeah. And I'll tell her. When this thing is dead." Jonathan kept his on her.

Nancy looked away, still unsure and Jonathan looked at me. I nodded and he gave me a small smile before looking back at Nancy.

"He's right Nance. If we're going to do this we need anything we can to kill this thing. This is the only option we have and we have to take it before it's too late." I finally spoke.

-------------

We stepped into the garage started searching it for anything we could use as a weapon.

"This will work." Nancy spoke.

I turned to see her over in corner. She grabbed a bat and looked up at me, I just nodded. She moved away from the corner and I stood a bit away ad she started swinging it for practice. I noticed Steve walking up and before I could say anything she swung it and almost hit him.

"Woah. Hey. Woah." Steve screamed, grabbing the bat and stopping her swinging.

I covered my mouth to hide my smile and laughter.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asked holding the bat to her side.

Steve's eyes fell on the bat. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." She quickly responded.

She handed the bat to me and I stepped away from them. I messed and swung the bat a bit but not like Nancy just was.

"I hope that's not meant for me." Steve looked at Nance.

"What?" Nance asked confused.

I rolled my eyes and looked down at the bat. Picturing Nancy hitting Steve made me laugh for some reason. When I looked up I saw both of them looking at me, Steve shocked and Nancy confused. I stopped laughing and the two of them looked back at each other.

"No. I was just thinking about trying out for softball." Nancy lied.

He walked towards the car. "Well. I'm really sorry. I mean even before the threatening of the baseball bat."