Chapter 2:

Nancy and I walked into the school and Barb ran up to us.

"So. Did he call?" She asked once she was walking beside us.

Nancy was walking in the middle while I took her right side and Barb took her left.

"Keep your voice down." Nancy looked at Barb shocked then quickly looked away.

"Did he?" She pushed, ignoring what Nancy had just said.

"I told you, it's not like that. Okay. I mean yes, he likes me but not like that." She put the emphasis on 'not'.

We reached her locker and I held my books closer to my chest while looking around the hall at everyone else. I looked back at my friends.

"We just made out a couple times." She slightly smiled as she entered her locker number.

Barb leaned against the lockers to her left.

"We just made out a couple of time." Barb mocked, putting more of a flirty tone behind it.

I laughed at that. They both looked at me with small smiles on their faces. It was a rare occasion that I was joined in on their conversations but today was one of those days. I wasn't much of a talker unless I was being directly talked to or something was happening I needed to speak up.

"Nance. Seriously. Your gonna be so cool now, it's ridiculous."

"No. I'm not." She shook her head and looked at us in slight disbelief at what we were saying.

"You better still hang out with us." I looked at her pointedly.

"That's all I'm saying." Barb shrugged and nodded her head as she agreed with me.

Nancy shook her head and turned back to her locker.

"If you become friends with Tommy H or Carol..." Barb started.

"Oh. Gross." Nancy breathed out as she opened her locker door.

"I'm telling you. It was a one time..." Nancy started before trailing off.

Barb raised her eyebrows and I laughed. Nancy glanced up at us before looking back at her locker.

"Two time.. thing." Nance smiled as she put books in her locker.

Slowly, her hands from her locker and I followed her gaze to the bottom of her locker. She pulled a note from her locker. I glanced at Barb with a raised eyebrow and she shrugged in response. Looking back at Nancy, I looked at the note over she shoulder.

Meet Me. Bathroom - Steve

Barb tilted her head. "You were saying?"

Nancy bit her lip and closed her locker. She glanced as us as started walking away.

"Have fun." I teased as she walked away.

I looked at Barb and we both started laughing. We started walking down the hall towards our classes.

"So. You like anyone?" Barb asked looking at me with a knowing look.

I shook my head. "Nope."

"You sure? What about Jonathan?" She asked, a small smile on her face.

Barb was the only one who knew about my crush on him. She only knew because she once caught me blushing when I saw Jonathan walking past us.

"No. Not Jonathan." I shook my head and tried to hide the blush coming onto my face.

"You sure?" She asked laughing slightly.

We stopped outside of the classroom she was about to go in and faced each other.