A date?

(Izuka's POV)

It's been two weeks since the preliminaries and let me tell you, it's been boring. I really lost track this month since I've been walking around the village seeing if there was anything new to do around here but there isn't, as usual. As I was walking past the park I heard someone calling my name.

"Izuka-senpai!"

I turned to the direction of the voice to see a fellow ANBU, Kentaro. His short black hair blew with the wind along with mine as he ran.  He had been promoted to ANBU two years ago; we had met during a meeting with the Hokage. I have seen him around the village since I've been on vacation and it wasn't hard to tell he had a thing for me. He ran up to me with a little kid in toe. I raised an eyebrow and watched as he halted to a stop along with the child.

"Oh this is my little brother Aki. He's in the academy right now. Uh Aki can you leave us for a bit." Kentaro said.

I looked into his bright green eyes and saw that he was a little nervous. As we made eye contact his pupils dilated making his eyes more gorgeous. Yup he's head over heels in love with me; that just proves my point. One thing I was glad Danzo taught me, was interrogation. Just by looking into someone's eyes and reading their body language you can tell what they were thinking or  feeling.

"So what brings you here Izuka-senpai?" He questioned as he gave me a bright smile.

"Just walking around," I answered returning the gesture.

"I haven't seen you around the mission building lately. Since you're an ANBU I thought I'd see you more on missions."

"Hokage-sama gave me a long term mission so I wasn't able to go on many missions with everyone. What about you? Are  you still a captain?"

"I have a few days off so I've been spending time with my brother helping him train and yes I'm still the captain." He said running his hand through his shaggy black hair.

"Then why aren't you with him now?"

"Uh....because I-I wanted to hang out with you." He rubbed the back of his head letting out a nervous chuckle with a blush dusting his cheeks.

"What about your brother? I bet he wants to spend every second with you." I said eying the child who was watching us from down the street.

"I-I guess you're right." I then turned to leave but felt him gently grab my arm. "Wait! Um Izuka-senpai. C-Can I take you o-out to dinner t-tonight?" He asked nervously making me chuckle. The great big ANBU captain was scared of asking a girl out.

I thought about it a second not seeing the harm in saying yes.

"Alright; pick me up at six. I live right by the Hokage's place just a few houses down. It's the brown building and my door is the first one you see." I said walking away.

As I was walking away I heard a faint 'yes' from Kentaro. Sure I didn't have any feelings towards him but he's a good guy. It was humorous to see a strong ANBU captain nervous and scared of rejection. He was a bit older than me, just a year shy of Kakashi's age but it didn't matter to me. We were both adults knowing what we were getting into.

Figuring that there was nothing better to do around here, I headed home to get ready for the little dinner date. Once I got home I headed to my room to get ready for the date which I had no idea to prepare for. I haven't been on a date in a few years probably guys have given up on me but anyway, I just want tonight to be nice.

I walked over to my closet to pick out a nice kimono for tonight. I don't really dress up much so I don't have that many kimonos, only the one's that I use to wear as a kid. They use to be long on me but now they're perfect. I finally decided on a black and red Kimono; it wasn't anything special it's similar to what Sakura wears but just a different color. I looked at the clock seeing that it was five so I have an hour to go. Just then I heard a knock on the door.