Getting a life

The next day, Izuka decided to walk around the village for once wanting to relax but she couldn't stay inside all day. She got dressed, had some eggs, put her sword on her back, put her weapons pouch on, then put her leaf headband on her left arm.  Locking her door, she started walking out of the house.

Izuka first walked to the Hokage building wanting to be assigned a mission. It has only been a day since she returned from her last mission but she needed something to occupy her time. She walked up the stairs and headed for the office.

"Oh Izuka! This is a surprise! I heard from Kakashi that you were back. How was the mission?" He questioned with a serious tone. 

"Successful despite what it did to me." Izuka started with a cold voice. "Danzo's training was excruciating, every single second of it. He manages to brainwash his students in order to have complete control over their decisions and emotions. A seal is also placed on their tongue so they don't talk about what Danzo does."

"I see, so he's been going to extreme measures then." The Hokage said as he smoked from his pipe. "How has his training affected you?"

Izuka only opened her mouth revealing a seal on her tongue making the Hokage gasp.

"I'm sorry Lord Hokage but I couldn't prevent it. I have tried to research the seal to see if there was any other way to remove it but it's impossible. I wish I could tell you more about Danzo but I will die if I reveal anything more. He also managed to rid me of my emotions. I felt nothing when I was reunited with my brothers."

"It's alright Izuka, you had to do everything you could to not be suspected. Isn't that what you wanted? To be done with the pain you felt everyday?"

"Yes but I do miss who I use to be. I did find myself on some nights wishing things were different." She said looking down at the ground.

"How so?" He questioned looking at Izuka with a saddened look.

He never intended her to turn out like this. She has no idea what he had to go through to fight for her to live. Once she was discovered, the elders wanted her to be executed for the Uchihas' betrayal. Thanks to the Yamanaka clan, they were able to search Izuka's memories seeing how she never wanted to hurt the village; she was forced to comply with Fugaku's demands. The only way they would let her live was for Danzo to take her to the foundation. Hiruzen had warned Izuka of what Danzo's Anbu do and trusted her to inform him of everything Danzo does.

"I wish I were normal, "she said looking up at him. "If I wasn't so determined to advance, then maybe things would've been different." 

The Hokage was surprised by her answer but didn't blame her for saying it. He missed the cheerful child he once knew.

"I know Izuka, but everything happens for a reason. I too wish things happened differently...Now, I want you to have some time off from missions." He said giving her a slight smile.

At first, Izuka was surprised at this proposal. For five years she has been with Danzo only working on missions and training. She knew Danzo wouldn't let her leave the foundation so easily but maybe the Hokage had the final say in it.

"Yes, Lord Hokage." Izuka said as she bowed.

Izuka walked out of the building and headed towards the flower shop. She walked into the familiar flower shop catching the attention of the girl behind the counter.

"Hello can I help you?" A young girl with long blonde hair asked.

"Yes can I have a dozen roses and are your parents home?" Izuka said with a sweet voice wishing she felt what she was portraying.