Party time!!!

December 23. Ambra's birthday. And the day of the annual Nordic Christmas party. Finland had decked the place out, invited every other nation, and by Denmark's request, added much more mistletoe. Finland didn't think anything of the request. Of course they were in the nordic house, because it was huge. Ambra walked out of her room and noticed all the boys in the house were in the living room.

She stepped in, "How do I look?" She was wearing a red dress with tall white boots and a Santa hat (supplied by Finland) and her hair was in a braid.

She hoped that Norway noticed that she was wearing her hair like that. He said once how she looked really pretty with her hair like that.  She smiled and looked at Norway.

"Den, I know you'll just say what I want to hear. Ice, Fin, Sve, Nor? How do I look?"

Finland smiled and said enthusiastically, "You look great!"

Sweden said, "Y' r'lly l'k n'ce. R'd's 'our col'r."

Ice smiled, "You shouldn't worry so much. We all know you're just trying to impress your crush." He smirked evilly.

"Nor? You going to answer me?"

"I can't see anything that the others haven't mentioned... or that Den won't smack me for..."

Denmark looked at Norway; he knew what Nor was thinking.

"Just say it."

"Well, you look really nice. Your um... shape is shown in that dress..." Norway said, embarrassed.

Ambra blushed, "T-thank you." She smiled sweetly with closed eyes.

"He complimented me. Wow! He's so sweet under that act." She thought nervously.

The party started and England and Prussia got drunk. Nothing new there. Well, Ambra and Norway were talking and France came over.

"No France, I will not accept a birthday kiss from you."

"Oh, but, You see my dear, you have missed the object hanging over your heads."

They looked up. Mistletoe. Damn.

"Norway, you know the rules," France chimed, "Kiss her!!!"

"W-what? B-but I can't! It would be unfair!"

"Y-yeah! And there's a lot of people here!"

A chant of, "Kiss her, kiss her!" eroupted in the room.

The other Nordics were smirking.

Nervous and hating the situation he was in, Norway leaned in for the kiss. It was the best thing he had ever felt in his life. Even better than the rush of the open sea.

"Wow..." They whispered to each other, "That was amazing."

*later on, on the porch*

Ambra leaned over the railing, content with how her birthday went. She had gotten some great gifts from her friends.

"Hey."

She turned, Norway stood at the door.

"Aren't you cold Ambra?" He asked, a little concerned.

"Not really," She saw his gaze, "Okay yes. But I love it out here."

"Here, before you freeze."   He handed her his jacket. She had short sleeves; he wore a sweater.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Want some wine?"

"No, All that's left is France's and it sucks."

"Alright, about earlier-"

"I love you!" Her face was red, she was afraid he didn't feel the same.

"Me too."

They hugged, and Norway's troll watched the scene from the woods, happy that Norway was finally happy.