I never knew it would end like this...

Iceland visited Norway in the hospital every day until he was released. When he was released he had to stay in bed. 

"Ice, I need to talk to Ambra. I have to ask her something." 

"She might be busy. I'll call her and see." 

"Thanks Ice." 

He sighed, "Just don't get killed by a bird while I'm gone." 

"I won't." 

The dream he had was scaring him. It was too real to be just a dream. If she had it too... it would be very bad. He hoped dearly that it was the medications that caused the dream and he just interpreted it wrong. If she was really in danger... what sacrifices would he have to make for the love he held so dear? The last time Norway lost someone he loved, he couldn't get up, let alone speak. He cried for days, starved himself halfway to death, he even started going insane. If he lost her what would he do then? The idea of nearly killing himself with grief again scared him to the point of hyperventilation. There was no way to bring someone back after they died. Not as a human at least. The thought of the undead made him shiver. "She can't die." He told himself, "She's a nation, like me. We can't die like a human can." It didn't work. Although true, If she was attacked after that, then that could kill her. He calmed enough when Iceland came back in to talk to Ambra. 

"He insisted he needed to talk to you. If you're busy I can call back later." 

"Is she busy?" Norway asked. 

"No," Iceland handed the phone to him, "But it's late there. Try to be quick." 

"Ambra?" He looked at Iceland as he walked out of the room, " Um, while I was in the hospital did you have an odd dream?" 

"What do you mean by odd?" 

"Were we on a boat?" 

"Yes. I almost drowned."

"Oh... well..."

 "You had it too, didn't you Norway?"

"Yes." 

"If we both had the same dream..." 

"It means it could be horrible for you. Just promise me you'll be careful." 

"I promise. I really don't want to die."

He sighed, "When I get better I'll make sure to keep you safe."

Things didn't turn out the way they planned. They stayed together almost 24/7 and they took good care of her. It didn't work, she still got sick. Norway and Iceland stayed with her every day. They took care of her, and she started getting better. Then one day, while Iceland was sleeping and Norway was watching her everything went downhill. Her fever got worse, and she started coughing blood. Three days passed without change before she died. With no family to compose the funeral the task was left to Norway and Iceland. Norway didn't have the heart to plan as much as Iceland did, thus the funeral was passed over to Iceland alone. Norway hated himself for not being able to tell her the truth. He loved her, but she never knew.

"Damn it! There's got to be a way! There has to be a way to bring her back..."

For weeks Norway locked himself in his house. Iceland started to try to get him to cheer up, but that led to Norway locking himself in his room. He didn't eat a thing for three days.

"There has to be a way..." He sobbed every night, looking through his collection of spells, "There has to be!"

He found no way.

A/N: Okay, okay. I know Norway doesn't cry, but I wanted the sweet moment. Still looking for suggestions! Come on, I like other people's ideas! If you like this please leave a comment! I'd appreciate it a lot!