There has to be a way...

Soon enough Norway couldn't hide from the world. Literally. He had to go to the world meeting. He didn't speak the whole time. It scared Denmark. Iceland was more worried about the fact that Norway wasn't eating. Norway saw England and thought about him being somewhat talented in magic.

"England," He said, "I need to talk to you."

"Of course. What is it that's upsetting you so much?"

"The girl I love is dead. That's reason enough."

"Oh... right. Sorry."

"Can I look at your collection of spells?"

"Why would you want to do that?"

"You have others that I don't. That's the only reason."

"You surely can't be thinking about bringing her back? Lukas, that won't do anything!" The brit said, startled, "She's gone. I'm sorry. You can't bring her back with any spells I have. Not as she was at least..."

"As she was? Do you mean... undead? Is that the only way?"

England didn't answer. He was too afraid.

"It's not the only way, Norway. But listen to me. The only way to bring her back human is... rebirth."

"Rebirth? What do you mean?"

"I mean she will come back as a small child, as we all are born. The drawback is it will be like she had amnesia. She will know who she is and what she represents, but other than that, nothing."

"Is there a way to get her memory back?"

"There may be a way. I just don't know a sure way. We can try."

England handed the spellbook to Norway. Norway thanked him and began to leave. He had spent quite some time reading every word he could cram into his head in the one hour he could spare. When he got to the hotel he was greeted by his friends and his brother.

"Brother," Iceland spoke, "We need to talk. You're killing yourself like this. You need to eat."

"Yeah, and you can't cry yourself to sleep every night anymore! It's not healthy!" Denmark cried.

"I was the worst viking in all of Europe at one point." Norway said, "I can take care of myself. Thanks for the concern. But I'm fine, I promise." He gave them one of his rare smiles to reassure them. It didn't work.

"You fake!" Denmark yelled, "Don't try that with us!"

"If I promise to start eating again and to calm down will you calm down?"

"Yes." They all spoke, even Sweden.

He held true to his promise, he ate again. He was happier for a while, but the sadness and grief was a beast at bay. The second world meeting he went to after Ambra's death was horrible for him. Nobody concentrated on the meeting, it was all about Ambrosia. The sadness hit him full force, and he left the meeting. The tears came quickly, but he didn't care. The sick, agonised, strangled choking sob that came from his throat was all he could utter.

"Why," He thought, "Can't I just do the spell? I have everything I need. Why not? I told myself when I wasn't sick I'd do it. Then I got better. Damn it!"

He ran to his house (the meeting was held in Norway) and threw open the door. He started the spell and didn't fear it now. He loved her. That's all the justification he needed. The moment the spell was over, he fell unconscious. He woke in the hospital, a small child crying. It sounded like a girl.

"No! Let me see him!!!" The child shouted.

"A-ambra? Is that y-you?"

"Yes! It's me!"

"Let her in. Please." He opened his eyes to a little girl. Gray eyes, dark red hair. Almost brown. It was her.

"Norway," Iceland said, "I thought you couldn't do that... you know, bring her back? How?"

"I used one spell that breaks the rule. She didn't come back as she was, but as a child. I bent the rules. You aren't supposed to meddle in death... it's forbidden."

"Well, looks like they just slapped a 'forbidden' label on it because they couldn't do it themselves."

"Hey," She spoke up, "Why can't I get rid of the feeling that I know you? Both of you."

"Because you were reborn." Norway stated flatly, "You knew us in your last life."

"Last life? You mean I was a grown-up?"

"Yes, Ambra. That's exatly what I mean. And you were very special to me. That's why I brought you back."

A/N: This is getting fun to write every day. Any comments? No? Well then, moving on. Did anyone get the FMA reference? I thought I'd put it in there for fun. Comment if you get it!