Eleven

Roseanne shook her head in frustration and denial, "What do you mean there is nothing more we can do! It is my mother and your mother, Edward! You should be fighting for her life and not sitting on the sidelines awaiting her beheading."

"Anne, there is nothing more that I can do. I have tried everything." Edward protested as he continued writing.

"You have tried everything? Tell Father I will marry the King of Spain as soon as he wants. Tell Father that you will do his bidding. Tell him that you'll give up your throne to Henry or me... I do not care what you say just help—"

"Anne." Edward said, looking up at her briefly.

"Don't Anne me. She is my mother and yours. We have a duty to save her, especially since you are the oldest. Help me save mother. If we go now, we can save her before noon. That's when her execution is set for, yes? If we hurry now, then we can get to the King—" Roseanne started again, pacing the room.

"Roseanne!" Edward shouted as he slammed his fist into his desk.

Roseanne's eyes widened as she watched her brother, a man who was always kind and considerate and calm, March over to her and grab her arms, "Mother is ready to go. She has suffered nearly everyday since our Father died. She has asked me to take you away with me— to see her brother, our uncle. We will leave as soon as possible—"

Roseanne gasped, "No, I cannot leave! This is my home. I have never left my home and I will not until I marry King Alvaro."

Edward shook his head, "No."

Roseanne arched her eyebrow, "I am sorry? Come again?"

"You will not marry his majesty." Edward repeated as he walked back to his desk and shuffled some papers, "We will go to Mother's kingdom and look for safety under our uncle. We will settle there and find you a more suitable husband there."

"Not a King, though. There will never be such a opportunity as this one, Edward. I could become a Queen— that is something I would never even have the chance to dream of because of you and Henry. Now, I can feel the power slowly touching my hands. I am going to be a Queen, Edward, and there is nothing you can do to stop me."

Edward's face became a stone wall, "I will, Roseanne, not allow his majesty to marry you."

"So, you are just going to sit by and watch mother die?" Roseanne asked, feeling the tears sting her eyes.

Edward looked directly into her eyes, "There is nothing that I can do."

~~~~
Annalisa let one of her ladies tie on her hair covering, a blue and white bonnet with splashes of yellow, as the prepared her for her final moment.

"Thank you, Anna, but please do not tie it to tight. I will like to feel my neck for as long as I possible can." She said as she let the girl loosen the tie under her neck.

"Are you sure this is the appropriate outfit for your execution, my Queen?" Jenny, the other lady, asked, eyeing her blue and yellow cover she had over her white frock.

"Of course! It is my beheading so his majesty will just have to deal with my choice of clothing. I am going to see my husband in the same colors we met in. A little darker but it will work just as well." Annalisa confirmed, smoothing her gown out for the seventh time that hour.