Chapter 9

"I'm lost."

"On?"

"What's going on with Leonard and Penny."

"They're just have problems." I waved it off as I walked out of the theater room to get some food.

"Where are you going?" Dylan followed me into the kitchen and waited patiently.

"Getting food." He nodded and continued to wait. "You want anything?"

"No thanks." I nodded to myself and stopped when I heard movement outside the house. "You hear

that too?" I nodded and slowly walked past him and towards a window. I dropped down when someone's shadow passed in front of the window. I growled, trying to scare the person off. I heard soft murmurs and by the time I listened closer, they were done talking. "What are we going to do?"

I held up a hand, telling Dylan to wait. The people started murmuring again and I quickly ran up into the

living. I stopped when one of the figures threw something threw the window. "Shit, it's a smoke bomb! Get out of the house!" I rushed to the back door and tried to open it, but one of the figures was holding it shut.

"Now what?" Dylan asked from behind me. I growled and took a few steps back and crouched down just

the slightest. Dylan took notice and back away so I had room. I jumped towards the door and changed just before I crashed threw the window of the back door and tackled the guy to the ground. They threw me off of themselves and I quickly stood, ready to attack, but the rest of the event was blurry.

I lunged for the guy and felt a sharp pain in my ribs. Dylan attacked the guy, then all five of the figures

ran off. Dylan started licking my snout to get my attention as he talked to me. "Are you okay? What happened?" I tried to talk, but I felt too weak to even attempt to talk through thought. "Melanie- Oh sh- Melanie, they stabbed you with silver." Silver? "Do you want me to call Elder Zee here or should I run you to him?" Dylan paced back and forth from my wound to in front of me, not certain if he should run inside or attempt to clean the wound.

"C- Carry me." I whimpered from pain after I finished the thought and Dylan ran off into the house as a

blur. He quickly ran back outside in human form with a gym back on his bare back; he had only put on shoes and boxers that were just barely peaking out from the sweats that he was wearing. I was amazed at how fast he got himself together, but I was too drained of energy to say anything.

"I grabbed up some clothes from your room for when you change back." Dylan carefully picked me up

and took off running at supernatural speed towards Elder Zee's house.

"Melanie?" Elder Zee looked at us bewildered as he stepped aside and let Dylan carry me over to the

large dog bed that was in Elder Zee's living room. His house was small, like a hut almost, so his living room and kitchen were one room and there was one other door leading to his room and the bathroom was also through that door. "What happened?" Dylan covered me with a blanket and I looked up at Elder Zee as he pet my head.

"We… Got attacked… I don’t… I can't remember anything…"  I closed my eyes shut and pressed my face

into the bed some more.

"Five guys came and attacked us. Melanie attacked one of them and they pushed her off. She went to

attack the guy again, but one of the others came up and stabbed her. I attacked him and they ran off right after that."