Chapter 1

You know how most people think only males can be werewolves? Well, they're wrong. Actually, my

pack is lacking males, and the females are a bit nuts. I'm one of the few sane ones.

"Melanie!" Ivey ran over and sat next to me. No we're not wolves at the moment in case you were

wondering. "Melanie, you know you have to find a mate this year right?!"

"Ivey, you've reminded me four times today alone." She smiled guiltily.

"Right, well… You know Rick wants you to take his son." I looked over at Jared, he was flirting with

all the nuts in this pack.

"Yeah…" I turned back to Ivey. "That's not gonna happen."

"But, its written-"

"Ivey, leave her be." Genevieve sat on the other side of me and her twin sister rolled her eyes. The

twins are identical. You wouldn't be able to tell them apart if it wasn't for Ivey having purple hair with green bangs and for Genevieve having pink hair. Genevieve also had a lip ring going through the right side of her bottom lip. "Besides, if she manages to change Rick's mind, that means I can have him." I rolled my eyes at Genevieve. She was the more conceited one of the twins.

"Yeah, like he'd take you."

"Stop it." I growled and they both bowed they head in obedience. I'm meant to be the pack's alpha once

I choose my mate. If it wasn't for my blood line leading all the way back to the original werewolves, Rick would change the rules so his son, Jared, would be the packs alpha once he chose his mate. "I'm not interested in finding my mate any time soon. If it comes to it, I'll just rule the pack myself." Ivey opened her mouth to object. "With you," I looked at Ivey. "As my omega." She smiled, then she frowned. "What now?"

"You really should try-"

"Alright! Everyone have a seat." Rick stood on the largest rock and commanded the pack to settle

down. Everyone sat on a rock and waited. Rick is not related to me in anyway. My father was the pack's leader originally with Rick as his omega. He died when I was just a year old, making Rick the new alpha. My mother says a wild werewolf killed him, but I have a feeling it was Rick.

"Melanie, I don't suppose you've chosen yet, have you?" My mom sat next to Ivey and whispered to me.

"No."

"Jared." Jared looked up at his father. "Come here." Jared stood and Rick jumped down from his rock.

"Tonight!" Everyone listened intently, except for me, I knew what was coming so I didn't care. "Melanie Bates, is to announce her chosen mate!" Rick looked at me and nodded for me to take his rock. I stood and walked past him as he escorted his son to sit next to my new seat.

I jumped up on the rock and crossed my legs. I looked at everyone, imagining their reactions. No one

was going to be happy. "Melanie." I looked over at Rick. "Go ahead."

I looked at our pack again, with no expression on my face, and sighed. "I…" I could practically hear

everyone's ears perk up. "Have not chosen."

"What?!"

"She was suppose to choose by now!!"

"How long does it fucking take-"

"Silence!" Everyone settled down at my command. I could feel Rick glaring at me. "I was told I have

until the end my junior year, so all of you just need to tuck your tail between your legs and leave me be." Everyone bowed their head in respect. I sighed because my junior year is this year.