Chapter 8

"He's sleeping in your bed??" Ivey's eyes got really wide and her mouth gaped open. "Oh my god!!!

Melanie!!!"

"Will you please just shut up!!" Ivey frowned and shrunk away from me a little.

"I can't believe you're letting him stay in our house without even asking us." Genevieve stated as she

sat on the couch again with Bruce Almighty playing in the background.

"Oh, you want me to just kick him out when he can't even walk?" I snapped at Genevieve and she

slowly looked over at me.

"He's beta. What happens to him doesn't matter."

I clenched my jaw, "As future alpha, everyone matters, even the beta."

"Since when?"

"Since when are you always on my case?" I stood and glared down at her.

"Um… How about we just-" Ivey attempted to grab my shoulder, but I pulled away from her and

marched back to my room. I sighed when I saw Dylan curled up under my covers, dead asleep. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed pajamas and walked to the bathroom. I quickly changed into the comfortable clothing and dropped my dirty clothes down the laundry shoot on my way back to my room. I wasn't going to let Dylan stop me from sleeping in my own bed. I crawled into the right side of the bed and laid with my back to him. I turned the volume down on my phone and yawned before pulled the covers up to my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

*****

I sighed when I woke up; I was still tired, but I needed to get up. I rolled over and opened my eyes to

see Dylan laying next to me, just staring. "Hello."

Dylan smiled a little sheepishly. "Hi." We laid in silence again. I sighed and closed my eyes again.

"What time is it?" I pulled the cover up to my eyes again and pressed my head into my pillow some

more.

"Uh… seven." I nodded and kept my eyes closed. "You know we have school today right?"

"Shit." I threw the covers off me and sat up, just to find my back really sore. "What the hell?" I held

my lower back as I stretched the muscles.

"You had to carry me for more than ten miles last night, remember?"

"Oh yeah." I fell backwards and huffed. "School can wait." I pulled the cover over my body again

and snuggled closer to my pillow.

"Um…" I opened my eyes and rolled over to see what Dylan wanted. "Can I stay here today?"

"Yeah. I hadn't planned on carrying you home anytime soon anyways." Dylan furrowed his

eyebrows at me. "You're heavy." He smiled a little and I closed my eyes again. "Go back to sleep Dylan, you still have circles." I heard Dylan snuggle into the sheets more before I fell asleep again.

*****

I woke again to the smell of something burning. I sat up and listened to hear that the burnt food was

getting taken care of so I laid on my side and checked my phone. It was nine, so I didn't sleep too late. I also had two messages. One from Ivey and one from Genevieve.

Ivey's said: "Hey! Hope you and the beta aren't too broken! Have fun sleepin' in!"

I smiled and went back to my inbox to read Genevieve's.

"No fucking the beta in our house." I rolled my eyes at her text and put my phone back on the night

stand. I sighed and closed my eyes, not ready to roll out of my comfy bed. I suddenly heard someone walking up the stairs and I reminded myself that Dylan stayed the night because he was injured.

"Hey." I sighed before I sat up and tilted my head to the side when I saw the tray of pancakes in his

hands. "I uh… found stuff for pancakes." Dylan climbed onto the bed and set the try in his lap.

"Is it sad that I forget how quickly we heal?" I grabbed a pancake and ate it dry without cutting or

tearing it up.

"Uh, no not really. I was shocked that I could walk this morning actually." I nodded and sat up more

as I ate my pancake.

"So what's with the pancakes?" Dylan picked at the tray's edge and avoided answering my question.

"Dylan." He looked up at me a little. "Is this another beta thing?" He looked down again, telling me his answer was yes. "Do I have to bite you or something to make you realize that you don't have to constantly get my approval?" He whimpered because I was yelling at him. "Dylan, grow a pair and stop whimpering."

"Sorry…" He handed me a glass of orange juice and I sighed from frustration. I put the glass and my

pancake on the nightstand and moved the tray out of his lap and onto the bed. He looked up at me, waiting to see what I was going to do. I held my hair away from my face before I leant down to his neck and started licking the skin. He whimpered, wanting more approval, and I moved further up his neck. If you walked in on this, and you were human, you'd probably think I was being a skank. Truth is, this isn't a sign of affection for werewolves, unless you're "in the moment" while making out or something, this is just approval.

Dylan started licking my jaw and I bit down on his ear, really hard. "Ow!" He pulled away from me

and covered his ear.

"Will you grow a pair now?" He looked down and took a paper towel from the tray to help stop the

bleeding.

"I just…" Dylan looked over at the floor before he spoke again. "I really don't want to be beta again

when you become alpha." Dylan looked up at me and I frowned at the sight of his sad blue eyes that were almost hidden behind his dark bed head that was usually swept off to one side of his face.

"Okay." He looked down at the pancakes and took one for himself. "So now that you can walk, are

you gonna leave me by myself?" He looked up at me and I took another bite from my pancake.

"I was actually hoping I could just stay with you if that's okay…" His voice drifted off as he talked

and he looked down at the tray as he took a drink of his orange juice.

"...Do you watch The Big Bang Theory?" He looked up at me confused as he licked the orange juice

off his upper lip. "It's a show."

He shook his head a little as he talked. "I don't watch much TV."

"We're watching the first season today." He just kind of chewed on his pancake and nodded a little. "I

want a shower first though." I finished my pancake and walked over to my dresser to grab some clothes. "If you get off your bum I'll show you where you can get some clothes for the day." Dylan climbed off the bed and followed me down the hall to the guest room I had gotten his clothes from last night. "The twins keep extra guy clothes for whatever reason, so help yourself. Deodorant should be in the same drawer as the boxers and just pop your head into the bathroom if you need anything." Dylan nodded and I left the room to him as I walked to the bathroom for a shower.

**********************************************************************

So do any of you watch the Big Bang Theory?? I love that show xD But that's off topic... sorta. Yeah, Jared's a meanie and Dylan got beat up :( I hope you guys liked it though :D I know I wrote the beginning of the chapter kinda funky, but I couldn't think of how elese to write it :P Comment and Vote Please!!!