Chapter 7

Trees. That's all I saw was trees. I didn't know there were this many trees in our woods. I also didn't

know how far back the woods went, I just kept running, until I heard something out of place. I skidded to a stop and listened closer. It was wolves, I couldn't tell if they were ordinary wolves or werewolves though.

I slowly walked towards the sound of the other wolves, being sure to keep myself concealed. I

walked a little under a mile until I finally reached the wolves. I laid flat on my stomach and hid behind a large bush. The wolves either didn't sense me or they ignored me, but I didn't ignore them. I studied them actually and I recognized them; they're from my pack.

Jared and the only other teenaged male wolves, not including Richey and Dylan, had another wolf

encircled, I couldn't quite tell who it was though. Jared growled and attacked the wolf in the center. The wolf yelped and let Jared attack him. I covered my snout when I realized it was Dylan and I continued to watch.

Jared scratched his face before he bit his neck and threw him to the other side of the circle. The wolf

Dylan fell in front of scratched him and bit his tail. Dylan yelped again just before Jared bit one of his hind legs and dragged him across the ground. Jared barked and the other wolves jumped in and helped Jared attack Dylan.

There was a lot of snarling, a lot of growling, and a lot of yelps and whimpers. I closed my eyes and

covered them with my paws while I waited for it to end. It went on for maybe twenty minutes until someone howled in the distance, calling the bullies away from their victim. I waited another ten minutes to make sure they weren't coming back before I stood and slowly walked towards a very still Dylan. I whimpered, simply wanting him to know I was checking on him.

Maybe thirty seconds passed before he whimpered softly. I sighed from relief and walked closer to

him. His black fur was covered with blood and his white muzzle wasn't even white anymore. I scanned his body and looked for the worst wound; it was his leg. I softly licked the wound and he whimpered again. Why are you doing this?

I looked over at Dylan and continued to lick his leg. What did you do to them?

Nothing. I was just sleeping.

I raised my head and stared at him confused. Sleeping?

Parents kind of… Parents were practically fucking each other at the dinner table and I didn't want

to listen to it. My eyes flickered to the ground and back to him before I continued to lick his leg wound. Why are you-

Jared's an ass and you did nothing to deserve this. Dylan pulled his leg away from me and started

moving to stand.

I'm beta, I always deserve this. Dylan stood up and managed to take a few steps before his bad leg

gave out.

Will you just let me clean you up before you go back to your sex happy parents. Dylan looked at me

from over his shoulder before he stopped trying to get up again. I started licking his stomach wounds and he sighed. Once I cleaned up his stomach I moved onto his neck. He moved to lick at my snout for approval and I pushed his head back down with my paw. He whimpered and I quickly took my paw off his wounded snout. Sorry.

I quickly got his neck cleaned and I started licking his muzzle. He closed his eyes and licked at my

muzzle. I stopped cleaning his wounds, confused by his action, and nipped his ear to make him stop. He yelped and laid still for me to finish cleaning his wounds. How far do you think you can walk?