Chapter 11

"I'm sorry about earlier." Carson looked over at me as he continued to wash the blood out of the dog bed

in the sink.

"Why did you do it?" I whispered to him as I continued to watch him.

He looked back down before he spoke. "I don't know." I sighed and settled into the couch some more. "It

was really unprofessional… I don't think Elder Zee would be too happy with me."

"You don't have to tell him." He looked up at me a little confused. "He doesn't need to know. I won't say

anything, don't worry." He looked down at the floor before he watched his hands again. "I just wanna know why you thought that would work."

He sighed and picked up the dog bed to see if he got all the blood out. He turned off the water, telling me

it was all gone, before he took off his gloves and turned to me. "I don't know." He brushed his hands together as he walked over to me. He sat on the edge of the couch and brushed my hair back as I looked at him. "I know it probably made you even more uncomfortable."

"I just didn't think you had any kind of interest in me." I turned over on my back and placed my hands on

my stomach. "I don't think we've really ever had a conversation.

He smiled a little and leaned over and kissed my forehead. "Carson?" He raised his eyebrows at me and

he stroked my cheek with his thumb. "Are- Do you-" I stopped and huffed, not certain how to say it. "You're not doing all of this because you want to be future alpha, are you?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "No." He shook his head and started laughing a little. "No way. I don't want

that. I already have to worry about making sure people don't die in the future." We both laughed and I sighed a little. "I… kinda did like kissing your neck though." I looked up at him and he smiled a little guiltily. I smiled a little and reached up to hold his face when the front door opened.

"I can't wait for Rick to no longer be alpha. He's so infuriating!" Elder Zee yelled as he entered the house.

I took my hand off of Carson's face and looked back at Elder Zee.

"Now you know how I feel." I smiled a little when he turned around, probably forgetting I was here.

"Melanie! You look much better! Did Carson take care of you?" The door opened and closed again and

Dylan walked into view. He smiled a little and I forced a small smiled because I didn't understand why he came back.

"Yes he did." I smiled at him and Carson patted my leg.

"Did you feed her the-"

"Yes." Carson answer quickly, knowing what questions he would ask.

"Did you manage to convince her to take a bath?"

"Yes sir."

"Excellent! I figured she'd against that one. But you managed!" I noticed Dylan's face had a slight glare

on it now. "And she didn't put up a fight to help with getting dressed?"

"She did, but it took a lot of convincing to get her to let me help."

"That a boy! You'll be an excellent doctor!" Carson smiled and got up from the couch. "Well Carson, I

thank you for taking care of Melanie while we were at the pack meeting. You can leave now if you like." Elder Zee smiled at his apprentice.