The Ghost Of A Bad Thing

(Cont from Alaina's POV)

I stared blankly down at my sidekick as the rain began to pelt against the window, finding my mind straying back  to Harry. Cierra was definitely not his type, he needed a blonde; a blonde who can tame him, a girl who could tell him that he looked good in his hoodies, a girl that could stay up with him for hours just to hear him take,  A girl that was so not me.

I traced my fingers on the window as the water droplets raced towards the crack at the bottom, feeling myself getting lost in a trance. The image of Cierra and Harry sticking in my mind, I couldn't believe It hadn't just evaporated completely from my mind yet! He was just a boy, nothing to it. There was nothing good to come of us, If we ever happened. He would just break my heart.

I felt my phone vibrate against my hands in notification that someone was calling my phone. I looked down at the number, expecting to see something else entirely than the number I seen. I couldn't recognize it at all.

Avoiding my untrusting instincts, I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Is this Alaina Sawyer?" A woman's voice requested, almost sending chills down my spine at the awkwardness of the conversation. No strangers ever called me before, but that was probably because nobody had my cellphone number.

"Yes." I confirmed, swallowing the hard lump in my throat that was forming.

"Your father got into a car accident on his way home from work and he is in the hospital." The woman informed her voice getting quieter as she reached the last words.

"I'm on my way..." I choked out, refraining the tears from ever escaping my eyes. I had to be strong, my father would hate If I cried for him.

I remember he claimed once that crying made nothing better, and I believed him because it really didn't but sometimes I remember It feeling good to let the waterworks just flow. It was like I was releasing all of the pain in my heart, even If in reality it was still lingering. I hung up the phone and set it on my lap, earning a concerned look from Natalie.

"Whats going on?" Natalie asked, leaning forward as she turned onto another street, finally accerlerating to a stop.

"My dad's in the hospital, we have to go see him, Nat" I yelped unattaintably, my throat becoming tighter and tighter as I spoke.

Natalie shifted her gaze from me to the wheel and began to drive off again into the weary night without a moan or complaint. She was such a good friend, knowing that she was going to be there for me and help me through all of this made me feel a whole lot better, and suprisingly a whole lot worse.

~ 20 minutes later

I scrambled out of the car in the direction of the doors, prying them open once I reached the right spot. I needed to see him. I just needed to because something told me, he wasn't going to be alright.

"Slow down, my heels can only carry me so far!" Natalie screeched in a blanket of darkness behind me, a repugnant smell wavering in the atmosphere.

"Uhh what is that smell?" I groaned in detest as I pinched my nose to be rid of the horrible smell.

"Smells like sewage dump!"

"By the hospital?"

"I guess so." Natalie concluded before strutting right into the hospital with her hips swaying back and fourth persuasively.

If she didn't stop someone might sexual harrass her, I thought jokingly. Natalie has always been good with boys, she enticed them then when she was done with them she broke up with them, simple but effectively which sometimes they deserved since they were only after her for one thing and one thing only., but still! She was the harshest dumper I've ever met!

I moved towards the receptionist's desk and flashed her the brightest smile I could ever give, hoping she wouldn't be able to see past my blissful facade. "Excuse me, miss?" I questioned once she dragged her attention away from the phone to me. "Can you please tell me where Jeremy Sawyers room is?"

"He's in 420, sweetie." The receptionist reflected my smile, then waved goodbye creating my nose to scrunch up in confusion. I didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult.

We took the elevator to the fifth floor, then stepped out quickly before we were caught in the group of nurses pacing back and fourth. "Where is 420, where is 420!" I hesitated nervously, biting on the tips of my nails to keep from being driven mad.

"It's right there....don't worry." Natalie took my hand and lead me towards the room where my dad laid motionlessly, the sound of his breathing very very faint. I felt my stomach do a flip flop at the sight, and my heart start to ache. I didn't like seeing my father like this, even If I was use to it.

"It's good to hear that he's still breathing." I mentioned as I stroked his hand, my fingertips twitching slightly.

"Well I didn't expect to see you here so soon!" A husky voice proclaimed, taking a look between Natalie and I in questioning. In that moment, I couldn't feel more viscious and boiled but instead I stood there as motionless as my father, letting someone take advantage of my weakness once again.

Never show them your weak. Never. That was a lesson I always was taught, but I wasn't abiding by it today and I wasn't sure why. Maybe It was because I wasn't putting on my strongsuit, but that was going to change. Especially when he should be blamed for all of this. "You did this to him! It wasn't JUST a car accident was it?" I furrowed my eyebrows in trepaditon, thoughts buzzing around in my head like bumblebees in a bee hive. I needed to let this guy know how I felt about him, and how he was ruining both my dad's and I's lives. He needed to know how much I depised him, he needed to know that he needed to just back away.

"Your such a smooth talker, Alaina. You must get that from your father because you know. He's never been good with his actions, has he?" Alvin smirked, creating me to pounce. I never wanted to hurt somebody so badly in my life. He did this to my father, I just knew it and he wasn't going to get out unharmed.

 "Alaina, It's not worth it." Natalie patted my shoulder, creating my veins to boil.

"She is right, Alaina." Alvin hoisted his hands in the air, his gray-black eyes becoming lighter as he moved into the light.

 "No she isn't! You've been ruining my family ever since my mom died and I'm sick of it!" I spat coldly, my gaze turning into hatred. This just turned into a really bad drama.

"Are you sure? Natalie is wrong about one thing, but not about this."

I knitted my eyebrows in curiousity, my thoughts running wild. "What are you talking about?"

"She was wrong about me being in love with her. We had a couple of bootycalls, nothing more than that. She was in love with me"