Chapter 26

Jenna's POV

„Hi..." I answered shyly. I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks as I stared into his beautiful blue eyes.

He took a step forward and I felt his arms wrap around me and his cold cheek pressed agaist my hot one. My hands found their way inside of his jacket which he had opened when he came in and I wrapped them around his warm waist.

He pulled away way to soon leaving me feeling cold. He smiled at me, an unreadable emotion on his face before he turned and took some kids by the hand and led them to the bus. I quickly did the same and soon we where on our way to the ice rink.

Colin's POV

Did she do this on purpose? The way she wrapped her hands around my waist under my jacket? Normally people would simply hug me on top of the jacket but it felt like she wanted more intense contact. And that blush?

I groaned internally and shook my head. Stop thinking about her!

I led the kids to the bus and made sure everything was fine before I got in my own car and followed the bus to the ice rink.

We all helped the kids get on their ice-skates and each of the workers got assigned with a smaller kid. Ben of course wanted Jenna to help him and I helped a little girl called Emma. She was nearly six years old but had never done ice-skating before. Luckily we had those wooden penguins that they could hold on to while skating. I needed a moment to get used to the skates but quickly found my balance. I tried to show Emma as best as I could what she had to do to slide forward. She was a fast learner and soon we were sliding around the ice rink in a steady pace. It felt really nice but the best thing was the absolutely happy face that Emma made.

I looked around to see the other kids and found Jenna and Ben only a few meters behind us. Ben was laughing and Jenna was smiling from ear to ear. Her smile was so contagious and beautiful. I slowed Emma and me down just a bit to let them catch up. Soon they were directly next to us. We went a few rounds while chatting. I tried my best to keep my eyes off of Jenna. But her reddened cheeks and and that huge smile made it impossible. Her eyes were lit up with happiness and her hair was flowing in the wind. So beautiful.

Soon we were called to gather. We've been skating for over an hour and the smaller kids were exhausted. The teenagers of course seemed to have endless energy and were messing around with each other in the middle of the rink, often falling but gladly never hurting themselves. We had some food from a booth next to the rink and after that we helped the kids onto the bus again. Jenna was about to climb in as well but I quickly grabbed her arm. I didn't want the day to end just yet. She turned around looking at me surprised.

„Jen?" I started. „Would you maybe want to skate a few more rounds with me? I could drive you back in my car."

Her eyes lit up and a smile formed on her beautiful face. She nodded and turned around to let the headmistress know. She said goodbye to the kids and got off the bus. I stood outside waiting for her with our ice-skates in my hand.

After we had put them on again we got on the rink. Since we already had an hour of practice we were sliding easily on the ice. I slid quite close to Jenna and took her hand. For a moment she hesitated but then intertwined her fingers with mine. I could see a blush creep up on her cheeks. I liked that I had that effect on her. We went a few rounds on a normal pace before we decided to try out new things. Since Jenna was a dancer she tried a few dancing positions while I held her steady. Worked quite well and it looked so effortless. Then we tried going in a circle while holding hands, facing each other. It was easy and soon we picked up pace making me feel a little dizzy but it felt funny so we both started laughing. She even threw her head back laughing so much. It was adorable. But that one second that I was lost in her cuteness was enough to break my balance and I soon felt myself falling on the ground. Since Jenna and I were holding hands I took her down with me. Gladly my reflexes kicked in and I managed to land without hurting myself apart from maybe a bruise. Jenna landed a second later next to me.

„Oh my god. Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" I stuttered.

„I'm fine!" she started laughing and I soon joined in. There we were lying on the ground while people were skating around us, laughing our asses off.

When we calmed down I got up and pulled Jenna up as well. But when she tried to stand she winced and quickly sat down again.

„My ankle" she said, the pain evident on her face.