A Twist in Fate

Your POV

You were laying in bed trying to clear your mind when your phone buzzed. You picked up your iPhone and it was a text, from Kendall.

K - Hey, James told me you left.

Y - Yeah.. I did.

K - Do you want me to come over and talk?

Y - Please?

K - OK, what's your address?

Y - 148 W Valley View Lane

K - What city?

Y - Santa Barbara

K - Alright, I'll be there soon

Y - Don't tell James or anyone else my address please?

K - Yeah I promise.

You turned your phone off and walked downstairs. It was quiet and you hated that. So, you plugged your phone into the surround sound and played Pandora. "Find You" by Zedd was playing and somehow, music always has a way of calming you down and making you relax. You grabbed a chicken salad from the fridge that you bought earlier today. Then, you sat down on one of the bar stools and ate while scrolling through your Twitter. One Tweet stood out and it was from one of your fans that was also a Rusher. "@(Y/T/N) and @jamesmaslow are such an inspirational couple. I hope I can have a relationship like theirs someday <3"

You thought that Tweet was so sweet and it made you smile. You Tweeted her back with this, "Thank you so much, sweetie. Tweets like these are what keep me going. I love you all!" You went back to eating your dinner and when you finished, you sat on the couch going through your phone's camera roll. A lot of pictures were of you and James being goofy or actually posing for pictures. You got snapped out of your thoughts when your doorbell rang. 

You opened the door and Kendall stood on your doorstep with a smile on his face and arms wide open. You hugged him tightly and welcomed him in. The two of you walked into your living room and sat down on the couch. "So, what's up (Y/N)? Why did you leave?" You looked at the ground and into his green eyes. "You cannot tell James or anyone you promise?" He shook his head 'yes'.

"Ok, I left because I'm pregnant..." Kendall's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "Yeah, I know you're surprised that the tabloids were true."

"I'm so happy for you! James is the dad right?" Kendall said while giving you a hug.

"Yeah." 

"Why don't you want to tell him?"

"He doesn't want a kid. He told me and it's why I moved. I asked him if he ever wanted kids when you guys got back from tour, and he said not now. So, I need my own space to raise this baby. Plus, his house wasn't cutting it. It was nice. There just wasn't enough room. And I wanted my own closet."

"Of course you did." The two of you started to laugh.

"Don't tell James I'm pregnant. I'm going to tell him myself."

'OK, I won't you need to tell im anyways since I'm not the one having the baby." You laughed again with Kendall.

"Do you want a tour of my new house?"

"Totally." You both got up and you showed him around. When you finished the tour, you started to walk Kendall out since he said he had to get home. "Your house is beautiful."

"Thanks. If you ever need a place to stay, I have four more bedrooms to spare." Kendall laughed a little.

"OK, I will. Love you (Y/N)." He gave you a hug and a kiss on th forehead. Then he rubbed your tummy. "Later, little guy. Is it a boy or a girl?"

"I don't find out until next month."

"Oh, OK."

"I'll walk you out to your car." You said with a smile.

"No, you don't have to." You stopped walking and blocked the door. 

"Kendall.. Carlos didn't let you drive his SUV. I know everyone's in there." Kendall looked at the ground feeling guilty.

"Sorry, (Y/N)." You both started to laugh again.

"It's fine. They deserve a little lecture today." The two of you walked outside and across the street to the car. You walked behind Kendall so they wouldn't see you and Carlos rolled the windows down. 

"What did she say?" Carlos asked. You jumped out from behind Kendall. Carlos, James, and Logan jumped.

"Hey, (Y/N).." James said a little unsteady.

"How about next time you need information, you don't send in a messenger, if you really want to know, get it yourself. And get a better hiding spot." You started to walk away and you were almost behind your fence gate when someone grabbed your wrist. You turned around to be face to face with James. "Let go of me now." You said through your teeth.

"Not until you tell me why you left."

"Let me go!" His grip got tighter and you got scared because you've never seen this side of James. Carlos and Kendall ran up behind James and pulled him away. Logan gave you a hug while you started to bawl. You looked back at James with tears streaming down both of your faces. "I need my space. And I think we need a break." You felt your heart shatter as you spoke.

"(Y/N) please.. I'm sorry." You looked at the ground.

"OK, everyone inside.. We don't need to be making a scene out here." Logan said taking the leadership role. Everyone walked inside and you felt disgusted in James. You couldn't look at him without wanting to slap him.