Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

"What are you doing?" I whispered hoarsely as I stood frozen next to him.

He ignored what I said and continued grazing my skin with his teeth. I felt something sharp pressing into my skin and before I could even utter another word his teeth sank deep into my neck.

Pain erupted from my neck causing me to cry out, I began slapping at his shoulders and pushing his chest to get him away from me, trying to stop the pain.

His hands shot out to my waist, holding me so tightly that I could barely move. I felt my body weaken and loosen in his arms as we continued to stay like this. I felt dizzy and my mind was telling to let go and sink into darkness.

After what felt like hours I felt Gabriel's teeth retract from my neck, he pulled away but still kept a firm grip on my waist. His glowing golden eyes met mine, he looked like he was lost in some sort of trance, the ghost of a smile playing on his lips but I barely acknowledge it as my head stared pounding.

I felt tears slide down my cheeks as I continued to stare back at him. After a minute, he blinked and I noticed something cross over his eyes before he closed his eyes and shook his head.

He opened his eyes, his eyes were back to his original hazel colour. He stared at me in horror and immediately let go of my waist. I body slid down the wall and I landed in a heap on the floor. I looked up to see Gabriel still looking at me in horror.

He shook his head and gripped his hair. "Nina." He started to say, looking like he didn't know how to continue.

"You bit me." I breathed out, my hand trembled as I reached towards my throbbing neck. I felt something hot and sticky coat over my finger when I touched my neck. "You bit me."

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't touch me!" I shrieked when he stretched his hand towards me.

I tried to move away from him to create more space between but since I was already pressed against the wall there wasn't anywhere I could move to create more space.

"Nina, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lose control. I don't know what came over me." He muttered slowly, his eyes moving from my eyes to the side of my neck.

"You bit me. You actually bit me, you animal!" I looked down at the hand that I used to touch my neck and gasped when I saw the blood on my fingers.

"Get out."

"Nina, let me explain-" Gabriel started to say but I ignored him.

"Get out! Just get out! Get out." I yelled over and over again.

Gabriel crouched down and reached towards me. "Shhh, calm down." He murmured softly, his hands gently stroking my hair.

I know I should have pulled away or even started to shout at him to get away from him but I was oddly comforted by his gesture. In fact I wanted more, I wanted him closer to me.

"What are you doing to me?" I said quietly my voice barely a whisper. What was he doing to me? Why all of a sudden am I starting to crave him instead of hating or being afraid of him?

He didn't say anything instead he lightly pressed his fingers onto the side of my neck where he bit me minutes ago. I couldn't stop myself from shivering when he touched me which confused me even more.

"Come on, you need to get some sleep." He removed his fingers from my neck and put an arm under my knees. Without much effort he lifted me off the ground and began straightening up.

"Get out. I want you to go." I told him as he shifted me so I pressed against his chest.

With his arms tightly around me he began to walk towards my bedroom without saying a word. I didn't bother asking him how he knew it was my bedroom and I don't think I would have liked the answer anyway.

When we reached my room he shifted my body once again and held me against him with one hand. With the other hand he pulled duvet and placed it at the bottom of my bed. He then effortlessly placed me onto the bed, propping the pillow up so that I was leaning against it in a sitting position.

As soon as he put me down I closed my eyes, I just wanted everything to stop. I heard Gabriel move around but I didn't open my eyes I hoped he would take the hint and just leave. I heard him walk away from the bed and I sighed in relief, he was gone.

I didn't bother opening my eyes when he left, I left them closed as I began to think about what just happened. He bit me, he actually bit me. I don't understand why he did that, was it a Werewolf thing? Did it mean something?

I felt something wet against my neck which cause my eyes to snap open. My eyes widened when I saw Gabriel leaning over me, gently wiping my neck with one of my face towel. I was just about to ask what he was doing when he spoke.

"I'm cleaning it up, when I'm done I'll leave."

I nodded knowing there was no point in arguing with him and honestly I had no energy to argue with him either. I watched his face intently as he concentrated on wiping my neck with the wet face towel. The side of my neck didn't hurt at all, when he bit me I thought I was going to die or pass out from the pain but after a few minutes I didn't feel the pain anymore. It just felt strange, it was as if something was on my neck. But when Gabriel touched it lightly I felt something different, I felt pleasure.

After a couple of minutes Gabriel placed the wet towel on my bedside table and pressed a dry one against my neck. After he was done drying my neck he grabbed the wet towel on the table next to us and took my hand into his.

I frowned when I realised that I had forgotten I had blood on my fingers from when I touched my neck. He wiped my finger with the wet towel just as softly as he did when he used it on my neck and then began to dry it with the other towel.

After he was done he silently walked over to my bathroom which is where he got my towels from and then after a few seconds he came back without the towels.

"You need to rest." Gabriel said softly as he hesitantly and slowly pull my body down the bed so that I was lying flat on the bed instead of sitting up. He also moved the pillow so that it was under my head.

His eyes moved to my stomach and stayed there for a couple of minutes before I cleared my throat.

His eyes immediately found mine. "Can I?" He asked raising his hand slowly. "I need to... I want..."

"It's okay. You can." I told him knowing what he meant. He was right it was his child too, I can't keeping thinking it's not.

Gabriel's hand slowly began caressing my stomach making me feel slightly more comfortable. I felt at ease as he continued to do that, my eyes closing at the feeling of content.

I should be frightened or at least a bit worried about him being here, he did bite me after all but instead I felt like I need him close by me.

After a bit I felt him remove his hand, I lazily opened my eyes. He grabbed the duvet from the bottom of the bed and draped it over me.

I watched as he stood there for a couple of minutes watching me silently before he walked towards the door.

"What does it mean?" I asked him, wincing when my voice came out sounding hoarse. "The bite, it must mean something."

Gabriel faced me and sighed. "It doesn't matter, I'll fix it."

"Tell me, please. I don't want to be kept in the dark, not anymore."

Gabriel groaned and looked away from me, shaking his head. It was silent for a while and my eyes began to close again.

"Mate." His voice shattered the silence and my eyes flew open.

"What?" I frowned not knowing what he meant.

"I marked you as my mate."

@=#~=~#=@