Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"Are you sure you want to know? You know what they say ignorance is bliss." Leah said nervously, tapping her fingers on the table.

"Of course I want to know." I told her giving her a weird look. "I'm been trying to get him to tell for weeks, and now he's finally going to tell me."

"What if what he tells you is...worse than you thought?"

"I kept thinking he was in the mafia or something. I don't think there are many things worse than that." I said with a little laugh.

"You have no idea." Leah sighed causing me to frown. "What time are you meeting him?"

"Now? He said to come whenever." I told her glancing at the time on my phone.

Leah searched through her bags for a few seconds before she pulled out the car keys. "Here. Just go now."

"How are you going to get home?" I asked her as I took the keys from her hand.

"I'll be fine. Now go." She waved her hand dismissively at me.

I took one last large sip of my cup and stood up, gathering my bag and jacket. "Bye." I muttered giving Leah a brief hug before I headed towards the door.

This is it, I'm finally going to find out the truth.

@=#~=~#=@

I unlocked the door to Gabriel's house with the key he gave me and walked in. "Gabriel?" I walked towards the living room to find Gabriel typing on his laptop.

"Hi." I cleared my throat making Gabriel snap his eyes towards me.

"Nina." He said, putting the laptop lid down and standing up.

"Well?" I waited for him to say something, anything but he didn't.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty?"

I groaned. "You said you were going to tell me everything, stop stalling."

Gabriel sighed and motioned towards the sofa. "You better sit down."

"I'll rather stand." I told him crossing my arms over my chest.

Gabriel shook his head but didn't argue. "Suit yourself. Before I tell you I want you to keep an open mind."

"Okay?"

"I also want you to know regardless of what happens today, I'm always going to be here whether you like it or not." He said firmly.

"Okay. I get it, you're not going to leave. Now tell me." I said impatiently.

"Are you sure you want to know?" He asked stepping closer, his eyes piecing into mine.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Are you absolutely sure? Once I tell you nothing will ever be the same."

"Oh my god." I moaned. "Spit it out already."

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I'm a Werewolf."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"I'm a Werewolf." He repeated, a little louder this time.

"Seriously, you're not even funny." I said feeling annoyed. I thought he was going to tell me the truth.

"I'm not messing around. I really am a werewolf." He told me seriously, his facial features sombre.

I blinked at him a few times before my eyes widened and I groaned. He actually thinks he's a werewolf? Great, the father of my child is mentally unstable.

"Okay Gabriel, this pathetic joke isn't funny. Just stop."

"I'm not joking or lying. I am a Werewolf." He shrugged as if it was a normal thing to say.

"You think you're a Werewolf?" I asked him.

"I don't think, I know."

I laughed and shook my head. "If you actually believe that, then you're crazy. You need serious help."

"You don't believe me?" He asked tilting his head to the side.

"Of course I believe you Gabriel, you're a Werewolf. And I'm a Vampire." I said baring my teeth at him before I burst out laughing.

"Vampire's don't exist." He said blankly.

I rolled my eyes. "And Werewolves do?"

"I'll prove it to you." He said, his eyes darkening slightly.

I shook my head, how can he prove he's something that doesn't exist? "Be my guest. This should be interesting."

Gabriel smiled at me and leaned closer until his lips brushed my cheek. "Don't run. I like to chase." He whispered into my ears causing me to shiver slightly.

He stepped away from me and without taking his eyes off me, he began to strip off his t-shirt.

"Woah! What are you doing?" I squeaked holding up my hands and taking a step back.

"My clothes are going to rip and I like this t-shirt." He shrugged before dropping the t-shirt on the floor. "It's nothing you haven't seen before."

I couldn't tear my eyes away from his mouth watering muscular chest. My mind flashed back to that fateful night, the things I had wanted to do to him, things I had never thought of before until that night. I shook the perverted thoughts out of my head. "How exactly is this going to prove anything?"

He just smiled and started pulling down his pants.

"Woah, okay! We are not having sex." I exclaimed taking a step back.

"I know."

"Okay! I'm going to turn around and you...you prove that you're a Werewolf."

"You could just watch the show?" He said smirking at me. "If I recall correctly, you stripped for me. I'll be returning the favour."

"I did not strip for you." I muttered before turning around. I don't see how this is going to prove anything. Why am I even humouring him?

I heard him throw his pants and boxers on the sofa and it was quiet for a minute. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to be alone with a crazy naked guy?

Before I could even think about what to do I heard a cracking noise. Instinctively I turned around, forgetting that he was probably naked.

I gasped when I saw the hair on Gabriel's body magically growing longer, his pupils dilated and the claws extending from his fingers. His bones cracked and restructured and within a minute there was a huge black wolf in front of me, its hazel staring right at me.

"Oh shit." I whispered as I saw what was in front of me. "Oh shit."

The wolf took one cautious step towards me and I couldn't stop the whimper that left my lips, a ringing noise sounded loudly in my ears, and as the darkness swallowed me whole the last thing I remember is the black wolf coming closer to me.

@=#~=~#=@