Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I opened my eyes to find myself lying on the sofa in Gabriel's living room. Groaning, I pushed myself up to a sitting position.

What was I doing here?

"Nina?" A voice asked beside me. I turned around in my seat to find Gabriel's concerned gaze on me.

"Hi, what am I doing here?" I asked watching as his hazel eyes widened fractionally.

"You don't remember?" He questioned, frowning slightly.

"Remember wha-" I started to say but stopped when I remembered why I came here.

He told me he was going to tell me everything...

He said he was a Werewolf...

He changed into a wolf...

"Oh my god!" I whispered jumping off the sofa.

He turned into a wolf!

"Nina, let me explain." Gabriel started to say as he got up as well but I didn't care.

He turned into a wolf!

"Oh my god, you turned into a wolf!" I screeched stepping away from him.

"I know. Let me explain-"

"There's nothing to explain! You changed into a wolf! That's pretty self-explanatory!"

I couldn't get my head around it, how can he change into a wolf?

He's a werewolf?

They exist?

"Calm down, I'll explain everything. Calm down." He pleaded softly.

"I can't...I can't..." I stopped, taking a deep breath to stop myself from panicking.

Gabriel stepped closer towards me making me take three steps back. "Don't come near me!"

"Nina, I'll never hurt you." He tried to reassure me but it didn't help. I don't want him anywhere near me.

A part of me believed that he wouldn't hurt me but the bigger part of me wanted to get out of here as fast as I could. He's not human of course he'll hurt me.

I stumbled backwards trying to create more space between, shaking my head as I tried my best to understand what the hell I just saw.

"You're a Werewolf." I whispered, it felt strange saying it.

"Yeah." Gabriel said as he watched me carefully.

"You're a Werewolf." I repeated this time a little louder.

"Yeah, I know."

"You're a Werewolf."

"Yes, I think we've established that." He frowned and tilted his head. "Did you hit your head?"

I didn't say anything, all I could think about was that he's a Werewolf, a freaking Werewolf. My eyes darted to the living room door that was wide open. I had to get out of here.

"I-er-I" I couldn't think of anything to say. All I wanted to do was get out of here but I was scared to turn around.

Gabriel took a step towards me causing my heart to pound loudly. "W-what are you doing? Stay back!"

He ignored me and continued walking slowly towards me. My eyes widened and I tried to move my legs but they were frozen.

"Don't be scared." He whispered as he stood only inches away from me. "I won't hurt you."