Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I'm going to die.

I stared at the gun with wide eyes, breathing harshly as I thought of what to do.

"I won't ask again. Who do you work for?" She snarled coming closer.

I was tempted to say she just did but I didn't want to anger her any further. It wasn't just my life now, I had another life to think about.

"Please." I whispered. "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't work for anyone, I don't even have a job."

"Wrong answer."

My hands fell to my stomach instinctively. I'm so sorry baby, it's going to be okay. I thought to myself not knowing if I was reassuring the baby or myself.

"Please." I tried again, my voice dry and croaky. I had to do something, I had to try.

Her eyes narrowed as they fell on my stomach. She met my eyes and cocked her head slightly. "You're pregnant?"

I nodded my head quickly, hoping that she'll be a bit more lenient if she knew I was pregnant.

She inhaled deeply and nodded. I tried to remain as calm as I could as she stood there in silence pointing a gun at me. She inhaled again, her nostrils flaring and then blinked rapidly.

Her eyes trailed over my body head to toe before they met my eyes. "How did you get here?"

"Gabriel brought me here. Gabriel Drakos." I quickly answered hoping she believed me or that she was a friend of Gabriel's.

"Gabriel brought you here?" She asked, continuing after I nodded. "Why?"

"He-he didn't say, he brought me here and then he said something came up before he left." I told her praying she would believe me and put the gun down.

She was silent for a few seconds but to me it felt like hours. My heart was pounding like crazy and my body was silently trembling.

"Who's the father?" She asked nodding to my stomach. I couldn't help get the feeling she knew and only wanted to my answer as a confirmation.

"Gabriel." I whispered. I didn't care if Gabriel didn't want other people to know about the baby, if it meant it would save my baby's and my life I would yell it from the rooftops.

As soon as I answered she pointed the gun away from me causing me to sigh in relief.

"Sit down, you look like you're about to pass out. I need to make a phone call." The woman told me before walking out the room.

I walked over to the sofa in a daze, not fully comprehending that only a few seconds a gun was in my face. I sat down and put my trembling hands to my face, forgetting that I had towels still wrapped around them. My body shaking as I tried to fight back the tears forming in my eyes.

How did I get myself into this?

Who is Gabriel?

I could hear the woman's footsteps coming closer but I didn't want to look up.

"Gabriel will be here soon." She said in a monotone.

I removed my hands from my face but I didn't look up or reply back to her. I felt the woman hover for a few seconds before she walked away from me. The minutes dragged on and to take my mind off the time I began to unwrap the towel from my hands. After I was done, I placed them onto the sofa next to me and continued to stare at my hands.

After what felt like hours, from the corner of my eyes I saw the woman move. A minute later the door opened with a huge bang causing me to jump in my seat slightly.