Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Gabriel left as soon as he uttered those words, he didn't explain what he meant by mates and I was too tired to question him. All I wanted to do was sleep so I could forget about everything I've learnt over the past couple of days and everything that's happened.

I knew I made a huge mistake even thinking about having an abortion, I would have never gone through with it but I still shouldn't have even mentioned it. As scary as it was watching him destroy the kitchen, I couldn't blame him for reacting badly. Now that I think about it, if it was the other way round and Gabriel told me he wanted to get rid of the baby, I probably would have reacted the same way.

I woke up to a loud shriek, my whole body literally jumping up from the bed. I must have fallen asleep and been sleeping for a while as I could see light peeking through the gap in between the curtains.

I pulled the duvet off me and ran towards where I thought I heard the scream. I skidded to a stop when I saw Leah standing outside the kitchen with her mouth wide open.

Leah turned to face me. "What the hell happened?"

"Err." I looked at the mess that was once our kitchen. "Gabriel got a little angry. Where have you been?"

Leah's eyes scanned my body. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I shrugged, before remembering my neck. "He bit me. Why did you tell him?"

"He bit you?" Leah gasped in alarm. She shook her head and sighed. "I'll try and make us breakfast, then I'll explain to you why I had to tell him."

I nodded and headed for my bathroom. Even though I was a little angry that Leah went behind my back and told him, I had to hear her out first. I decided to have a quick shower and brush my teeth while Leah made breakfast.

After I was done, I put on a thick fluffy robe and strolled into the living room where Leah was waiting for me. I joined her on the sofa and started taking small sips of my hot chocolate.

"Okay, I know you're probably pissed off at me but I had to tell him. If you did end up having an abortion, when he finds out there would have been nothing stopping him from lashing out at you. He won't ever hurt you, not while you're carrying his child." Leah explained to me slowly.

"He bit me. That hurt." I told her, not bothering to show her my neck since the bite mark was already gone. "So that means he hurt me."

"That's probably going to be the only time he hurts you." Leah said softly.

"How do you even know all this?" I questioned. I've been meaning to ask her how she knew everything, she said she wasn't one of them so how does she know all this?

Leah remained quiet for a few minutes before she sighed heavily. "Do you remember my aunt from my mum's side that left town when we started high school and never came back?"

I frowned trying to think of who she was talking about. "No, I don't remember."

"She left with her Werewolf fiancé." Leah blurted out making me gasp.

"What?"

"She met a Werewolf, fell in love with him, blah, blah, blah, and then left town. She sends cards or emails once in a while but other than that, we have no contact with her."

"Do your parents know?" I asked, wondering if Mr and Mrs Pierson knew about Werewolves.

"No, nobody does. She never came back." Leah muttered looking a little dejected.

"So, how do you know this?"

"I accidently saw him, Jonathon, shift before they left. I freaked out and was going to tell my Aunt when I saw him shift back right in front of her. She knew what he was and didn't care. They spotted me standing there staring at them and they explained a bit to me and made me promise not to tell anyone. If I did the other Werewolves would silence me." Leah explained, shrugging as if it didn't matter.