Day of fun?! Oh no...

The day after the incedint with Jason Cassie told her mom about it and they sent Ashley to stay with Cassie's grandparents for a while so she won't get hurt if he comes around again. A week has passed since Cassie has been without Ashley and it was the longest week of her life. Luckily she had Colton there to keep remindig her not to be sad because she's safe. It was hard to keep going while Ashley was at her great-grandparents but everyone kept telling her to get out of the house so she decided on a way to feel better and know that Ashley is safe. She called Ashley every morning to say good morning and she would call her every night, no matter where she was, and tell Ashley good night and ask her how her day was. It helped Cassie feel better enough to not think about he during the day but when saturday came she didn't want to do anything since she had spent a lot of saturdays with Ashley she didn't want to go out.

"Cassie!" Colton yelled from outside her house. She heard him since she was in the living room and the window by the door was open. "Cassie! Come one out! If you don't come out I'm gonna come inside!"

"That's what she said!" Cassie laughed. She was finally starting to go back to her happy go-lucky self, the person she was before drugs and alcohol. "I still don't wanna go out today Colton! Go away!"

"Nope! I'm coming in!" Colton walked through the door and plopped himself on the couch next to Cassie. "You and I are going out today." Cassie's mom walked through the living room holding a basket full of laundry. Colton turned to her and asked if she needed help and when he said no he asked her a different question. "Do I have permission to kidnap your daughter and take her on a day of fun?"

Cassie's mom laughed. "Yes you do Colton." Cassi'es mom had just about fallen in love with Colton. She could tell he was a good influence in her daughter the second she met him. "Just make sure she's safe."

"I will Ms. J!" Colton smiled. "You have nothing to worry about."

Cassie mumbled "Altho you might..."

"Let's go Cassie!" He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her out the door. "Bye Ms. J!"

"Bye you two! Have fun!" She closed the door after him and continued with the laundry.

"So where are we going anyway?" Cassie grumbled. She really did not want to do anything. She was even dressed horribly but Colton didn't give her the chance to change. She was in shorts and a shirt that was too big on her. Her hair was in a messy ponytail and she had some converse on.

Colton shrugged. "Where do you want to go?"

"You dragged me out of the house and you didn't even think of anything to do?!" That pissed off Cassie. "Dumbass! Let me go back home!"

"No." Colton stopped walking and faced her. "We are hanging out whether you like it or not! And your going to smile and have fun without drugs or alcohol! Got it?"

"But everything is more fun high or drunk. Or even both!"

"Cass, I don't want you doing those things. They're dangerous. I just don't want to lose you." He hugged her. "I don't want you to get hurt."

Cassie hugged back and looked at the ground, ashamed of herself. "I know and I'm sorry." She let go and looked him in the eyes. Come on, I want to take you somwhere." She took him by the hand and dragged him to a park blocks away from where they were. She walked over to a park table and sat down. Her fingers traced over letters carved into the table. Colton saw a tear roll down her cheek. "This is where I smoked for the first time, where I drank for the first time. I had my first kiss here. This place means a lot to me. I came here as a kid. I witnessed an almost murder here."

"An almost murder?" Colton's face held a puzzled look.

"I never really hung out with good kids." She looked at the ground, something she does when she gets nervous. "My best friend at the time was a street fighter. This was when I was in maybe sixth grade. We came down here to smoke and this guy started talking mad shit! He was telling my friend how he was going to mess him up." She wipped a forming tear from her eye. "My friend stood up and punched him. It tured into a normal fight. That is, until, my friend lost it. He was a heroin addict and because he hadn't had any in a few days he snapped in the middle of the fight. He just freaked out. He tackled the guy to the ground. He started punching him in the face. The guy was out cold after three punches. He kept going. I started crying. I screamed at him to stop but he didn't. I pulled him off the guy and he turned around and punched me in the face. I haven't talked to him since that day." By the time she finished Colton had wrapped his arms around her.

"That's terrifying. I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

"No need to be sorry. It already happened." Cassie smiled.

"Cass?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you ever get into fights?"

"Yeah. Just a few." She shook her head. "Since I'm pretty sure you asked 'cause you want to know I'll tell you about a couple of them." She took a deep breath. "In the sixth grade, not long after the fight with that guy and my friend, I fought this guy. He was in the same grade as me but he was bigger than me. Me and him started talking shit to each other. He threw the first punch. He missed. I gut punched him and he got me in a choke hold and started punching me. I got out of it. He pushed me to the ground. I jammed my finger into the ground causing it to break. I was facing the ground. He kicked me in the stomach causing me to roll on my back. He sat on me and started punching me. A girl I knew broke us up.The guy stopped 'cause she was crying and he didn't want her to witness a brutal fight."

"Tell me about one more fight."

"This was in the same year. Day before the last day of school. This guy was two years older than me and twice my size. I had a friend with me. She wasn't much of a fighter though. She had just been walking with me when this guy came out of nowhere with his friends and beat the crap out of me. I started punching at him but he kept dodging them. I told my friend to leave but she didn't. She hid behind a dumpster they had on campus but she kept a close eye on me. I ran up to the guy and went to kick him in the stomach. He blocked my foot with his hand. He grabbed me by my shirt collar and punched me in the stomach and the ribs. He dropped me and I ran to my friend and we ran away. After that my stomach had a huge bruise on it and my ribs were cracked and bruised." She took a deep breath and exhaled. "We should get going back to my house. My mom might be worried about me."

They left the park. Cassie left with terrible memories and tear stained cheeks and Colton left with knowledge about his best friend.