My Savior

Beep! Beep! Beep! Cassie's hand slammed down on the alarm clock. The time read 7:00 AM. Too Early, Cassie thought to herself. She climbed out of bed and walked softly into the room next door which held her sleeping two year old daughter Ashley. She walked over cautiously to her bed and lightly kissed her forehead. "I love you Ashley." She walked out of the room and walked downstairs where her mother was making breakfast. "Morning Mom."

"Morning sweet heart. Sleep well?" Cassie's mom smiled at her.

"Yeah." Cassie sat down at the table while her mom served her a plate of eggs and toast. "Your taking Ashley to daycare on your way to work right?"

"Yeah. Don't worry about a thing Cass," her mom set down the pan of eggs. "I know its hard taking care of a kid so young. I will do anything to help out. Besides, in on my way to work and I love spending time with my grandaughter."

Cassie laughed. Her mom was so weird. When she found out her daughter was pregnant she wasn't mad, she was thrilled! Her mom through her a party and bought way too many things for her. "Thanks mom. Well I have to go get ready for school."

She walked into her room and slipped on a tight black v-neck shirt, short, jean shorts and black converse. She looked in the mirror at her messy brown hair that had natural red and blonde highlights. Cassie picked up a hair brush and ran it through her hair. She checked the time, ten mintues to eight. She grabbed her backpack, quietly said bye to Ashley then ran out the door towards school. When she arrived the first person she saw was the queen bee of the school, Tiffany. She was a total bitch and her boyfriend Luke was just as cruel. He was in a "gang", more like a pussy crew that just fights.

"Jameson!" Luke called her name harshly. "Didn't see ya all weekend. I was hoping we would fight." He checked watch. "Looks like we got time before class starts." He smirked and ran at her and punched her straight in the face. Cassie was not prepared for a fight.

Cassie dropped her backpack and went to gut punch Luke. He grabbed her wrist and twisted it behind her back. He raised started to raise her arm before she yelled in pain. He threw her to the floor and kicked her in the stomach. Cassie stood and ran at him. He kicked her hard in the stomach knocking the wind out of her and knocking her into someone. "I'm done fighting you Jameson. I'll see ya 'round." He walked away with his girlfriend.

Cassie coughed up blood. A lot of blood. The person she was knocked into was still holding her up. He slowly bent down to the ground where Cassie knelt. "That wasn't right, what he did to you. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." She looked up at the person who was talking. He has the most beautiful big brown eyes with gorgeous short blonde hair. His eyes were filled with concern.

"Are you sure? Would you like to go to the nurse?"

"I said I'm fine." Her voice filled with venom. She tried to stand up but failed. She fell to the ground and coughed more blood. She felt a hand rubbing her back. Then someone helped her up. She assumed it was the brown eyed boy.

He put one of her arms around his neck and his arm around her waist and walked her to the school's office. "Excuse me ma'am. Where is the nurse's office?"

"Down the hall to the right."

"Thank you." He started down the hall slowly as to not hurt Cassie any more.

"I said I was fine. I don't need to go to-" She was inturrupted.

"Your not okay. You need to go to the nurse." He stepped into the nurse's office. "Excuse me ma'am. This girl is hurt and needs to lay down and get ice."

"Oh gosh! Of course! Come in here and lay her down. I'll get ice and water."

The boy laid Cassie down one of the beds and sat next to her. He stroked her hair and looked her up and down. She was beatuful. When the nurse brought ice and water she set it on a table next to them. "Would it be alright if I stayed in here and took care of her until she is feeling better?" The nurse nodded and walked out of the room. He lifted her shirt and saw that a bruise was already forming around her stomach and ribs. He layed one of the many bags of ice on her stomach. He saw her wince then relax. He held ice on her cheek where another bruise was forming.

"It hurts." Cassie whispered.

"I know. But you're going to be okay. Your tough, I can see it in you. It won't hurt for long."

Cassie fell asleep and the boy slipped off his jacket and laid it on her torso and kissed her forehead.