6)Alexus

The boys showed up today with some ideas they wanted to run by me. We are in May now there's not much left to do till we are closer to August. It's four thirty and they are stalling to leave. There's a knock on the conference room door and Brandon looks worried as he peeks his head around the door.

"Kels" he whispers.

"What?" I say scared to know why he's freaking out.

"Lex just walked in" my eyes go wide. I've avoided this part. I'm scared they won't like each other and I was wanting to keep these two worlds separate for as long as possible.

"Um ok I'll be right out, boys if you'll excuse me." And Calum catches my arm and for the first time in months my eyes meet his and my breath catches. He's grinning as he looks at the door to Brandon.

"Send her in here. Lex planned this, she called last night and told us to be here today at this time. She said enough was enough." He looks back at me I still can't breath. He bites his lip and leans closer. And then he is pulled back away from me as Luke steps in between us.

"Mommy!" Lex says happily as she waltzes in. I cross my arms and raise my eyebrow at her she stops and giggles.

"Alexus did you go behind my back after I told you not to and contact them?" She grins without skipping a beat.

"Yup sure did. You were being stubborn. I know you wanted to hold off but it needed to happen eventually, and there's no time like the present. They are in your life so much when I'm not and I'm so glad you have that but I want them to feel like they can come around anytime." I just shake my head and open my arms. She collapses in them with a sigh.

"Your not totally off the hook but I know your just trying to help. Alright. Guys this is my daughter that you've heard so much about. Lex baby you know their names." She nods and hugs each one tightly whispering something in everyone's ears. When she gets to Calum he blushes and laughs nodding at her. She places her hand on his check and we all hear her whisper. "Break her heart and it's the last thing you'll do. She's been through enough. She deserves the absolute best." He locks eyes with her.

"I couldn't agree more. I will do my best to never break her heart if I do I hope that you will set me straight." He says strong and clear. And he opens his arms and she hugs him tightly once more.

"So what are you boys doing for dinner? I was thinking of picking up some pizzas." I say to distract me from that extremely touching moment. They all agree and end up spending the night after it got to late to go home.

I'm not usually an early riser on weekends but for some reason I'm up at eight. I enter the living room to see Calum is asleep on the couch with Lex in his arms. She looks like she'd been crying. I wonder what happened. I make a pot of coffee and neither stir. I sit at the bar watching them breath in and out almost in sync. As I sip my coffee Luke comes in and sees what I saw and then he's standing next to me.

"So I bet that's erased the memory of him fucking Krissy?" He whispers and I just stare at him. "Fuck" he whisper laughs.

"Well it had yes. Thanks for that reminder though." I roll my eyes as I whisper just as softly.

"Well I'm not sorry. I don't want you to forgive him to easily. If he thinks he can get away with it he might do it again. Krissy has been MIA for a few weeks and I'm hoping that has something to do with you. I never liked her she was always using Cal." And it's as though he heard his name he starts to wake. "Well I'll leave you to deal with this." And he leaves. I watch as Calum opens his eyes and sees Lex he smiles sadly. Whispering "dammit I have to piss." He kisses her forehead and rolls her on to the couch so he can get up. She groans not liking being moved from the comfy position she was in. As he stands he finally looks up. I cast my eyes down instantly. I can't let him see how much I want him right now and I know it's written all over my face. He huffs probably thinking the worst and my eyes travel slowly up and as soon as they meet his again his demeanor changes. He looked upset and sad now he looks triumphant. He walks swiftly over to me and pulls the mug from my hands spins me around on my stool then lifts me so my ass hits the counter. Making me almost eye level with him.