2) Friends

Over the next few weeks we meet several more times to discuss every detail. This party is set for August 1st. When I first met them it was mid December and Christmas has come and gone. As did the new year.

I'm pacing. Lex is at her dads and I can't sleep. I've had a brilliant idea for the decorations and need to get it worked out. I know it's Thursday and I could totally just wait till the morning but I think better of it knowing I'll probably forget something by then. I throw on an oversized gray sweater that I can't keep from falling off one shoulder and some black leggings and some flats. I run my fingers through my hair and grab my keys and phone. I drive to the closest parking spot I can. There is some construction on the road my buildings on and I'll have to walk the rest of the way.

"Good evening Pete got a late night idea that needs to be taking care of."

"Of course honey go on up." Pete replies happily. I'm only working about five minutes when my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey where are you at?"  Calum asks.

"At the office I had an idea and had to work it out before I could sleep."

"I thought that was you. We were eating at Sal's and saw you pass. Can we see this brilliant idea now or do we have to wait for normal business hours?" I laugh

"Nah you can see it now. I'll meet you at the door to let you in."

"Cool we can be there in five minutes. See you then."

"Ok. Cool." I go on down stairs after I hang up.

"Hey Pete. I have some clients coming in to look at the mock up board."

"Sure thing honey. So I take it your idea is working out then." They are waving through the doors at me and I go let them in.

"Yea I think so. Thanks a bunch Pete."

"Of course honey. Have some fun you deserve it."

"Alright you four lets go on up and I'll show you what I've come up with so far." We make some small talk on the elevator ride up. And to the office.

"I'm not done yet y'all can wonder around up here just dont break anything. I'll let you know when I'm ready for you."

"Cool." Luke says and he's giggling with Ashton and Michael hot on his heels.

"I'd rather watch you work if that's ok?" Calum says unsure.

"Um sure I don't mind. You thirsty?" And his eyes widen as they travel up and down my body.

"Yes." He breaths out and I feel as if he means more then just a drink.

"There's......um there's, coke products in the vending.........um in the vending machine." I have trouble breathing as I talk and he smiles a little still not looking at my eyes.

"Coke yea that's fine, I like it better over ice if that's possible if not I can deal with it." As he finishes he meets my eyes and bites his lip. I nod and get two cokes and pour them in mine and Brandon's tumblers we leave in the break room. When I get back he's playing on his phone so I turn to the board. I'm holding my mug to my chest staring at the board trying to get it perfect. I gasp put my drink down and start moving things around adding things taking things off. I step back and admire my handiwork. I'm going with shades of purples and golds. Giant gold tree centerpieces with purple flowers on the round tables that seat up to eight. Small purple candelabras with gold trim and candles lighting the tables. Gold and crystal place settings. Purple and gold silk fabric alternating on the ceiling coming to meet in the middle of the room to create a canopy feel. With twinkle lights in between each row of fabric. Low hanging white gold chandeliers dispersed around the room. Purple, gold, and black masquerade masks hanging from the centerpieces. Along the walls are large matching masks and feathers with purple lighting. As I pick up my drink Calum laughs.