Chapter 6, Eric's POV

Sometimes I lie awake at night, not able to sleep. I was thinking about Juno.

Every night I thought about her, the way her wavy hair fell in her eyes when she looked down, and the way her eyes boldly held mine when she stared at me.

She was beautiful. I couldn't believe that she was never accepted in her world. She was an amazing person to be around.

Little by little, she got used to this world. She first got a job as a secretary, then a cell phone, and then her drivers license, and after a long time, a car.

Over that time, she and I grew closer together. She could have moved out anytime she wanted, but she told me she liked to stay with me.

We ate our meals together, watched TV together, and shared everything with each other.

Juno was very trusting.

One night, after dinner, she asked me, "There is a man at work. He stares at me. All the time. Do you know why?"

Suddenly I felt angry. No way was that man going to do anything with Juno.

I waved it off and told her it was nothing. The next day, there was a party.

Juno didn't know what to wear, so she and I went shopping. We went to a store, and she tried on different dresses and modeled them for me.

Once she tried on what seemed like every dress in the store, she narrowed it down to five dresses.

The annual party was going to be formal, and everyone always looked their best for it.

The first dress she showed me was a long, white dress with a black stripe on the bottom. It fitted her figure nicely, but I still told her what I was thinking.

"You look like an Oreo in that dress," I said playfully.

"Hey!" She said and softly hit me on the shoulder. "But you're right, it kind of does look like an Oreo. Not this one," she giggled.

The second dress she tried on was a strapless, short, emerald green dress with a white silk sash tied around the waist. Juno looked stunning.

The third dress was gold and looked like a ball gown. Even though it was a nice party, we both agreed it was a bit too much.

The fourth dress was literally a wedding dress.

But the fifth and last dress... I was speechless. She walked out of her dressing room slowly. She wore a gorgeous navy blue dress that sparkled like the night sky.

We agreed that that dress was absolute perfection. I bought the dress for her, and we walked back to the car.

When we arrived back at the house, there was an hour left until the party. Juno decided to get ready.

She walked into her bathroom and when she came out, I melted.

She had the strapless dress on. It was floor length in the back, but was raised up to knee length in the front.

Juno left her hair down, but wore small diamond earrings that looked just like the sparkles on her dress. She wore a silver necklace with a silver rose pendant.

Her shoes were heels that were laced up like sandals. She wore bracelets on her wrist.

"How do I look?" Juno asked me, doing a quick twirl for me.

"Perfect. Even more than that," I responded.

I was already in my suit. We drove up to the party. I parked near the entrance.

I got out of the car first and opened Juno's door. I reached out a hand and helped her out.

When our fingers intertwined, I wanted to hold her hand the whole night. We walked into the party, together.

I was proud to have Juno by my side. She was beautiful, but more than that, she had chosen to stay with me, instead of moving out. She had also chosen to come to this world in the first place.

I introduced Juno to my friends, and other people that I knew at the party.

There were foods like small crab cakes, tiny sandwiches, and desserts, and other delicious things.

Juno tried everything, and liked everything, even the honey mustard mini burgers, which barely anyone else touched.

Juno was glowing, and her smiles were brighter than the chandelier(and any of the other women's jewelry).

I realized right then, I like her a lot.

But I had to think of her as a friend. Or a roommate. Nothing more.

It hurt me to think about this, but I didn't want to ruin our relationship as friends.

I would just have to be satisfied admiring her as a friend.