Chapter 5: Juno's POV

I woke up tired and sore. I felt nasty and grimy and every part of my body hurt.

My eyes fluttered open. I saw two very handsome men kneeling beside me.

I blinked a few times, and realized there was only one man there. I was seeing double for a second.

I coughed repeatedly and sat up, dazed. The man gave a sigh of relief.

"Oh, I am honestly thanking the Lord right now! You're alive! I thought you were dead!"

I rubbed my eyes.

"What happened to me?" I asked. The man took a deep breath.

"You... You fell out of the sky," he said.

"The portal! That's it!" I said.

The man asked me about the portal.

"It's nothing," I replied.

He looked at me with concern. "

We need to get you to the hospital. Are you sure you're all right?"

I sighed. "I can move everything. I'm fine," I replied.

It was true. I could move everything. Except...

"OMG! My wings! They're.... They're gone!!"

I was freaking out!

"Whoa! What wings?"

I shook my head. If I came from the portal and out of the Valkyrie realm, I must have fallen into the human realm.

And since no one here had wings, the portal must have magically taken away my wings!

"Come with me. We have to get you to the hospital, now!" The man said.

"No! I can't!" I replied, panicked.

"Fine, then you have to come with me," he said.

Then he reached out and put his hand on my forehead. It felt warm.

He told me I had a bad fever and he took me to his house. He set up a nice guest room and took care of me until I felt better. His name is Eric.

One day, Eric walked into my room and sat next to me.

"Look, I know you have gone through some rough stuff. But you need to tell me everything that is going on. First you were talking about a portal, then you said something about your wings and a realm. What exactly are you hiding?" He asked me.

I took a deep breath.  "Nothing," I lied.

He told me he knew I was lying. "Who are you? Really?" He asked firmly, and I knew he wasn't leaving until I told him the truth.

I closed my eyes.

"My name is Juno. I don't have a last name. Now, let me ask you something before I continue. Do you believe in magic? Or places unlike you've ever been before? New realms?"

Eric looked startled. He jerked backward, just the slightest bit, a move any human would miss.

But, I'll remind you, I'm not a human. Valkyries have great sight and deep perception. Just, so you should, um, know...

Anyways.

Eric nodded slightly- yes.

"Prepare to have your mind blown. I am a Valkyrie, who most say are either extinct or mythological. Valkyries are known as the Angels of the battlefield. They heal and handle all the victims of wars and other stuff. I'm different, though. I can't stand the sight of blood, so that means I won't be known as an angel of the battlefield. Either way, I don't look the part. All the others have pale skin, white blond hair, and eyes so blue you could get lost in them. Well, look at me. I don't exactly fit the description, do I? So I talked with this Valkyrie, she's and elderly Valkyrie and her name is Faun, and she told me to look around in my room, and I found the portal, fell through it, and, well, here I am," I told him.

I thought he would go crazy.

But instead, he sighed and said,"Wow. You've been through a lot, haven't you?"

I nodded, biting my lip. I was trying really hard not to cry.

But the tears fell anyway. "I- I'm sorry. It's just... Hard for me to... You know... Do this. Thank you... For listening. It's hard to find someone who accepts me for who I am in my world," I sniffled.

"It's okay. I understand how hard it is for you to leave so suddenly, without even saying goodbye. It's going to be alright. You can stay with me for as long as you need to, or want to," he replied.

Then he reached over and grabbed my hand, lacing his fingers with mine, and softly squeezed my hand, giving me comfort.

Fireworks shot through my body and I felt weak. I didn't know what this feeling was.

But I kind of liked it.

Hey guys! It's the author again! Here's a few questions about the chapter! Comment if you want! First question:

Do you think Eric really believed Juno?

Should Juno trust Eric?

What was that strange feeling Juno felt when Eric held her hand?

Do you ship Eric and Juno? What's their ship name?
Be creative!

Thanks!