Chapter 2: Eric's POV

Here I was, sitting in a dinky old office, trying to get a job. This interview was super important. I needed this job.

College got me nowhere. I graduated about a month or two ago, and since I went to Yale, I guess I had expected to snag a job right after graduation.

But no one wanted me. I fidgeted in my ripped seat, playing with my phone case.

The door opened and shut behind me. A man around my age stepped in and sat behind the ugly wooden desk.

"So, are you Eric Smith?" He asked me, his green eyes piercing my dull brown ones.

"Yes sir,"I said confidently.

"So, since you graduated that silly old Ivy League school, you think you're so cool? Special, maybe?"

I took a deep breath. "No, sir. "

He took a sip of coffee. "Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but you ain't special here."

"Yes, sir."

He leaned in, blowing his coffee breath in my face. "I saw on your resume that your mother died a while ago," he smirked.

I clenched my fists. "Yes, sir," I said sarcastically and angrily.

"You miss her?"

I blew out through my nostrils. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to make me angry, to see how I would react. I told myself, I won't let him make me angry. I won't let him make me angry.

But I still clenched my fists.

"Eh, I asked you something. You miss your mommy?" He said sarcastically, smirking at me. "Well, she's gone now. Dead forever. Bet she was an ugly old hag, too. So ha! Now you work for me," he said.

And he spat a mouthful hot coffee in my face.

It burned so bad, it felt like my face was on fire.

The coffee dripped off my face and onto my new suit. I gave a roar of anger and flew towards his cup.

I dumped it over his head, absolutely shaking with anger.

I clenched my fists. The man screamed in agony. "Don't talk to me like that. And especially don't talk about my mom like that," I said, my voice trembling.

"Oh, and by the way, you said I work for you now. You were wrong. I quit," I finished.

I walked out of his dirty little office, very slowly.

I thought as I walked out the door, Don't mess with me.

End of chapter 2. Thanks again for reading, new chapters out soon!

 Thanks again for reading, new chapters out soon!