Chapter One: Juno's POV

The sun rose in its golden glory- as it did each day. I rose dutifully with it, claiming my dignity in

  I stood up shakily and changed out of my torn nightdress and into a pirate-style shirt and pants, then sat on the edge of my bed and laced up my old leather combat boots. I brushed my curls out of my face and sighed.

  By the way, I'm the only Valkyrie with black hair and mocha-colored eyes. Don't forget the toffee colored skin.

All the others have pale skin, sea blue eyes, and white blond hair. They look like angels.

I sure as heck don't. All the others have jobs as nurses and healers.

I get disgusted at  the sight of blood and gore. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

In case you're super oblivious and didn't notice, I'm different than the others. And I love it.

Just to embrace my difference, I wear rebellious things like pants. Yup,  they think pants are rebellious. *Cue the eye roll*. 

The other Valkyries think they're so kind and sweet and caring. Try being me with them around for a whole day. 

"Juno! Get down here if you want to eat! Or else you won't get any breakfast," a Valkyrie named Arie
called up to me.
"Okay!"

Whatever, I thought. I went down, ignoring the angry glares I got as I walked to the kitchen. I got an apple and spit the seeds out.

But I kept exactly three seeds in my mouth, just in case.

Arie came over with her friends, Pora and Sari.

They looked at me nastily and Arie said, "Hey, look! I guess the garbage patrol didn't get all of it when they took it out."

"You're right, Arie. I'm looking right at it," I shot back, pointedly looking her up and down.

"Well, you shouldn't be here. You don't deserve to live in this realm," Pora hissed.

"You deserve to go to the dark realm, where you obviously came from, and where you obviously belong," said Sari.

"Yeah, I get a nasty taste in my mouth when I look at you," Arie finished.

I glared, sucking on the three seeds I had kept in my mouth.

"Okay, then. Taste THIS!"
I spit out the three seeds, one at a time, at the three girls facing me. All three of them hit their faces.

Bullseye.

I walked away, smirking. I had proved a lot right there. Especially one thing:

Don't mess with Juno.