Chapter 16

The first day you travel on the sea Zuko wakes and finds the pendant gone. He wonders if you had barrowed it to try to read your hidden tattoos. He spends all day looking for you but can't find you. that night he assumes you have abandoned the fire nation AGAIN and decides to wait for Aang.

The second day you travel by ship and at night you make it to Omashu. Zuko is worried about everything and is going crazy by himself at the palace. Aang returns with the captured Ozai and explains that he was just in time to stop the navy crews and army men from marching on Ba-sing-se. Zuko then accepts his crown as ruler of the fire nation but passes the rule directly to Iroh and he and Aang leave on Appa. Iroh takes over cleaning up the war his and Ozai's father started.

The third day you walk through Omashu and into the desert getting lost. You are rescued by travelers who then take you to the village you were seeking. You are out from exhaustion so you don't get to speak to anybody until the fourth day.

One the morning of the fourth day you wake up startled having had a nightmare about the fire nation palace burning to the ground. "I hope Zuko is ok..." you mumble looking out the window. You take the pendant from your pocket and look at it. "I need these answers. Surely somebody must know something."

"good morning." A villager says entering the room. "sorry to intrude I was bringing you some water and a breakfast." He places a small container of water and a bowl of veggies on the table. "we don't have much but you should eat and recover your strength."

"thank you." you bow slightly to the villager. "can I ask a favor of you?"

"yes. Of course." The villager smiles. "what do you need?"

"I need somebody to explain the location of the desert library to me." you reply. "I heard your people might know where I can find it."

"oh yes!" the villager nods. "the library is hidden deep in the desert sands." He chuckles. "you could go searching for it and probably die trying to find it but I had heard that there was a way to make it come to you." he looks out the window and points at a statue in the middle of town. "it was said that the statue holds the key to the library but none have ever managed to crack the code. I had heard the Avatar went looking for the library and found it... but I'm not sure where the avatar is or if he would help you."

"it's quiet alright." You nod. "I don't need Aang to help me." you wait for the villager to leave then you drink your water and eat the veggies. When you are done eating you head outside to the statue to see if you can crack the code. The first thing you notice is that the statue is a life size version of a person on a pedestal and seems to be holding a staff.

"really quite something isn't it?" a man begins speaking for no reason. "they say our villages first settlers created it in the likeness of the one who first discovered the hidden library in the deep sands. I always wondered if the statue was a male or a female... can't really tell by the face or hair."

(my kitten decided to help me type...)

=--------------------------------------------------------- m.,///////////////////////////////////////////////.u'

L;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

You don't pay the man any mind at first because it seems like he's just rambling. That is until he glances at you and chuckles. You turn slightly to face him.

"you know you resemble the statue a bit." He says motioning towards the statue. "perhaps you'd like to take a crack at the code?"

"what's the code?" you muse staring at the statue.