Chapter 15

Red- you and Zuko                                                                            Orange- Zhao 

Blue- Avatar                                                                                          Black- you and Zuko with Aang

Zuko seizes control of the fire nation after you defeat Azula while Aang and his three friends Toph, Sokka, and Katara go to confront his father in Ba-sing-se. He knows he can't truly be fire lord until his father is dealt with but he has to hope that Aang will be able to win the fight.

After you defeat Azula you stay with Zuko for a little while as he starts cleaning up the war mess. About 15 minutes after Azula is defeated two other girls show up. you remember them from awhile back because they used to hang out with Azula and Zuko all the time, but you couldn't remember their names.

Zuko orders his sister locked up in an insane asylum because she is acting crazy, and the two girls assist Azula to the place. They come back later to help Zuko clean up the mess inside the palace.

"I'm glad this war is finally coming to a close." Zuko says with a smile. "and it's good to see you again Mai."

Mai nods. "to be honest it was a difficult process to watch our friend slip slowly into madness."

"she has some crazy demons!?" Ty lee says with her eyes wide.

"yes she does lee." Mai nods. "I guess we should have said something sooner but... we really tried to jst support Azula."

"she really needs some help." Zuko sighs. "she's been off her rocker for a long time."

"who is this?" Ty lee asks looking at you like she only just now noticed you were standing there.

"oh that..." Zuko frowns. "that um... that's (y/n) she worked for the palace."

"I remember you." Mai says crossing her arms. "I thought you ran away though? Why would you come back?"

"it was to help to end the war. That's why I came back." You reply. "I had to leave to figure out who I am. And I did."

Zuko holds up the pendant he got from the old lady and smirks. "she has hidden tattoos that glow under red light. The kind of light produced when light passes through this red gem. The tattoos tell the story of her peoples past."

"her people?" Mai frowns. "you might wanna explain that since you sound really crazy right now."

"I can bend shadows." You reply moving your shadow. "using shadows I can pick stuff up, move stuff, or make people stand still. But I had no idea where it originated from until I found the old lady in the woods."

"somebody in the earth nation?" Mai raises an eyebrow. "but you and your family have always been in the fire nation... so how would somebody in the earth nation know about your past?"

You and Zuko are both stuck stupid.

"really neither of you bothered to ask!?" Mai says baffled.

"well to be fair... right after I found out Zuko came to kidnap the avatar." You frown and look at Zuko.

"don't blame me." Zuko frowns back.

"I blame you." you reply pouting.

"well maybe the old lady knew more then she said she did." Mai takes the pendant looks it over and then holds it up into a beam of light. "it's really pretty." She muses. Then she glances at you and sees Zuko was telling the truth. "and I assume neither of you bothered to ask where she got this pendant from either?"

You feel very foolish now. Of course you had wanted to know the answer to these questions but you hadn't asked.

Mai raises an eyebrow when she notices that in the light your shadow glows a weird color. "weird... even her shadow glows in this light."

You look at your shadow and swear you see shapes. This makes you curious so you stretch your shadow out trying to widen it. you achieve this by using other shadows nearby to add to your own to make it darker. When you have stretched it out a little you see a new piece of the story which you hadn't seen before. "its... some kind of temple." You say looking at a large building in the photo depicted in your shadow.

"no I've seen that place before." Zuko says looking at the surrounding area. "this is the Si Wong desert in the earth nation. It's right next to Omashu. See this mark here is an old statue in Senhai city." He glances at you. "don't ask how I know that."

"but how do you know that?" Mai asks.

"I got terribly lost in the desert with Uncle Iroh." Zuko frowns. "we were rescued by villagers who live here and they showed us their village. I remember them saying something about the statue being very old. It was built by the first settlers of the region." He looks over the picture. "and if this is the village and this symbol is Omashu... then this... must be the library in the desert. It's an ancient story passed down by this Village's elder. That a library containing all the knowledge in the world lay hidden in the desert. It only appears to those who seek the knowledge it contains."

"how would one go about finding such a thing?" you wonder.

"I imagine the villagers would know." Zuko shrugs. "but it's really far and we don't have any way to get there right now." He turns back to inspect the picture more. "I wish I could understand what this all meant. Guess the old lady might be able to explain it if we go back to her hut. Somehow I get the feeling she won't want to see me though."

"we should go right away." You say smiling. Finally, all the answers are at your fingertips.

"soon." Zuko replies. "I have a lot of work to do."

"but..." you frown.

Zuko takes the pendant and puts it back in his pocket. "no..." he glances at you. "I have duties I need to perform."

You pout while you watch Zuko walk away. 'what is with him? can't he understand how much this means to me?'

-later-

At night Zuko still hasn't heard back from Aang or the others so he goes to his old room to rest. He still hasn't given you much thought about going on another journey to figure out who you are and it is infuriating that he won't just let you go by yourself. You decide to leave without his permission and go it alone but you need the pendant. You wait till he falls asleep then conceal yourself in shadows and sneak into his room. He has left the pendant on his table so you quickly grab it and then leap out the open window into the night.

You find the small ship covered in fake blood docked near the navy station because they were still investigating it. You sneak around till you get on the ship then you steal the ship and leave heading for Crescent isles. From there you plan to reach Omashu in two days and then walk to the desert to find the village Zuko had mentioned.