Chapter 10

"you've picked up on hand to hand faster than I thought you would." Zuko says taking a break for a moment to speak but he stays standing in a fighting stance. "don't forget though that fire benders won't hold back against you and you could end up burnt." He moves both his hands and holds up two hand fulls of fire. "I'm going to start using fire now so you'll need to be more careful."

"oh please. Anything you can possibly throw at me I can take." You smirk. "you might be a firebender but I have other tricks besides just shadows."

"alright then, go!" Zuko yells leaping into the air leaving a trail of flame behind him.

Iroh watches from the control room as you duck and weave around the fire looking for an opening. 'I don't understand my nephew's motive here. I know he wants to stop the war, and I know he wants to keep her from getting hurt... so why is he taking her into battle?'

You block Zuko's arm and plant an open hand into his gut forcing him backwards then you trip his shadow causing him to fall. Zuko had been using fire bending to teach you to look for quick openings to use your own bending to your advantage, and it had worked. Not only had you learned to think quickly but you had also learned how maneuver around just about any fire based attack. 'cutting one shadow with light just creates another one I can use at a different angle. As long as I can find an opening I can win.'

"good." Zuko smirks wiping his mouth on his sleeve. "you getting better at this."

"it's mostly thanks to you." you reply brushes off your shirt. "now that I know how to defeat a fire bender..." you frown. "I wish I had this kind of ability when I fought Zhao."

Zuko turns onto his stomach to use his hands to push up from the ground. "yeah that would have been..." he trails off when he notices something not far in the distance. "oh no..." he stands up quickly and runs to the control room. "uncle! A fire nation ship saw us."

Iroh frowns and looks back towards the other ship. "it's Zhao. No doubt he'll be after you Nephew."

"we can't let him catch us!?" Zuko growls. "can't this thing go any faster!?"

"unfortunately for you... it can't." Zhao says from the control room door. "and unfortunately for you also I happen to already be here."

"what how!?" Zuko says baffled until he notices that a similar ship to the one you're on has pulled up next to your ship. "I... I didn't see that one..."

"where is the girl?" Zhao growls. "I know she's with you."

"girl?" Zuko questions. "what are you talking about?"

"that girl!" Zhao growls. "I burned her arm but she somehow still managed to get away! I know she's with you. where is she!?"

"is that why you're here Zhao?" Iroh frowns. "surely you must have better things to do then look for a simple girl... she's half your age." He teases a bit.

"what!?" Zhao growls at Iroh. "that's not what I meant!"

"really?" Iroh shrugs. "if you say so."

Zhao grabs Iroh by the front of his shirt. "you're on thin ice as it is old man. Your going towards the fire nation so you must have something aboard worth taking to the fire lord. I know you have her here and I want her."

Zuko frowns. He knows the Zhao is right you are on the ship but if he gives you up then you'll be in danger and his plan will fall apart.

Iroh is once more about to make a joke but he doesn't get the chance because he sees you running towards Zhao with your sword drawn.