Chapter 14

The day had finally arrived and the hour was nearing. You group had set out in the early morning to the place where they would meet with the rest of the allies to try to put a stop to Ozia's evil war. You had been waiting for about 3 hours near the docks trying to hide yourself from view. Aang, Katara, and Sokka had decided their fire nation disguises were good enough that they could walk around the dock area and not be noticed. Iroh had gone to a tea shop nearby and not come back, and Prince Zuko had stayed with you near the dock wearing a big hat which he used to cover his face from view.

"they're all idiots." Zuko grumbles.

You shrug. "they're curious." You sigh. "they've never been in the fire nation before."

"well they should have waited till after the fight to run off." Zuko grumbles.

"they're still young." You reply. "you used to be like they are."

"yeah I did." Zuko frowns looking at you. "until I realized innocence is only a phase. They are going to get discovered and blow the whole plan."

"they will be fine." You reply. "don't forget for this plan to work we're going to have to trust each other."

"I'm aware but I still think they should have listened to me." Zuko pouts. "the dock is crawling with soldiers who are all looking for Aang and me. if either of us gets found we'll be in big trouble."

"I know." You nod. "you only keep saying it over and over."

Zuko sighs and looks at the water. "I know I'm going on about it when I should just be quiet but... it bothers me. he acts like a little kid."

"he is still kinda a little kid." You reply. "I know it's difficult for you to understand but... most people can't just change."

"most?" Zuko glances at you.

You frown. "you're the exception. Your personality shifts constantly."

Zuko frowns. "oh I'm sorry does my attitude offend you?"

"well now that you mention it." you grumble.

Zuko stands up in a huff. "I don't have to listen to this." He starts to leave but the light in the sky changes and he looks up and sees the beginning of the eclipse.

"time to move." You mumble heading for the path the leads to the palace.

Zuko nods and follows you though he's still upset at you for your remark.

Aang and his group meet up at the dock and they're group head down a path filled with navy men as they make their way towards the palace.

You and Zuko had plans to go the safer route and reach the palace first to see if Ozia was there. The plan was to find Ozia and defeat him. you can see the path Aang and his army have taken from the more concealed path you were on. You see towers for lookout posts which line the path and hold many navy soldiers who all have bows. You wonder why Zuko had decided not to travel with everyone else when it may have just been more effective to march right up to the front door.

"I told you this is that smart way to go." Zuko says glancing at you as if he can read your mind. "while Aang and his army distract the guards we'll sneak in and take out the fire lord. If we are quick about this, I can seize power and call off the war."

You nod and the two of you hurry towards the palace. "the staff entrance on the side had a broken lock last time I was here."

Zuko goes around an unguarded side and you enter the palace through a staff door. he frowns. "remind me to replace this door lock... it's far too easy to break into the palace."