Erics Daughter. Divergent

“I can’t do this.” I said to Four. He was my instructor. “Taylor, you can and you know you can. Don’t let fear control you.” He said handing me the knife. I looked at the boy in front of me. He was skinny. He had to be a factionless. I had no choice but to kill him. I drew the knife back and threw it. I turned away when I heard it hit into the boy. He cried out in pain. “You hit the arm. Not bad.” Four said walking away. I ran to the boy and pulled the knife out. “I’m sorry. I had to.” I said trying to calm him down. “Your Eric’s daughter.” The boy said getting up. “That’s how everyone knows me.” I laughed. “Well everyone who is Dauntless. People think you the next big thing.” The boy whispered as we walked to the clinic.

                “Why are you here?” I asked sitting him down and pulling up his sleeve. “Eric said we would get fed if we would help the Dauntless train.” He smiled. I put the wet cloth on his arm and he screamed out in pain. “I know if hurts but you have to calm down. You cant show your weakness.” I said. He nodded as I finished up. “Now where are you sleeping?” I asked him as I wrapped his arm up. “I don’t know. As soon as I got here I was sent to you.” He said. I just nodded and told one of the workers. I walked out and went to the roof.

                My name is Taylor. I’m one of the leaders of Dauntless daughter. Because I’m Erics daughter I always have everyone on my back. Especially Four. He’s one of the trainer. He is way better than my dad but no one will say that but me. My father and I don’t get along. Ever since I was 12, when my mom died. I started to act different. Maybe it was because she committed suicide. I don’t really know but that’s what I blame it on.

                Anyways, when my mom died I ran away to the fence. I wanted to leave this place. When I was at the fence I was gunned down. Brought back to my father. He had me locked up, still to this day im not supposed to be alone. I find way to, like now. I train everyday. I have too. When Max, the Official leader of Dauntless, decides dad is done then I will most likely take his place. I have to be ready. The worst part of everything is that I chose Dauntless. I had to be with my dad even if I don’t was to say it. He is the only family I have left.

                “Come on.” Fours voice said behind me. “I’m not going back down. Dad is using innocent people for dummies.” I said looking off into the distance. “I know. But they are better off here. They are getting fed and I know your dad wants to keep them strong.” He said coming up behind me. “I don’t care. They are getting hurt.” I turned around to face him. “You know him and Max wont change their minds.” I smiled at him. “They will.” And I walked away. “Taylor, don’t do anything stupid.” He yelled. I turned back. “I wouldn’t have to do stupid things if you were in charge.” I ran down the stairs and straight to Max and Eric.

                “You can’t do this.” I yelled. They both looked at me. “Taylor, you have no say.” Max said walking up to me. I pushed him back. “Dad you cant do this.” He just looked at me. “Taylor, you know you cant win.” He laughed. I smacked him in the face. “You have never listen to me. Never. Not when mom died. Not before. You are hurting innocent people. Soon they will die. You know that.” I screamed. “I cant believe I had you as a daughter. You should have chosen a different faction. This is what we do we protect people. To do that you have to train. Human dummies are going to help everyone train better.” He spat in my face.

                “You know if Four was in charge none of this would happen. It should be Four not Max. You know, I’m the only one who knows your fears. How about I tell one of them?” I said. “Don’t you dare.” He said picking me up. “I wont cause unlike you I’m reliable.”