Chapter 3: The so called date

Ok so i've spent the last 2 hours turning myself from tomboy into beauty queen, i've shaved, moisturised, blow dried my hair, painted my nails and have done my makeup to perfection, then Rose helped pour me into my borrowed dress... and for what? To be honest i don't even know myself! Maybe it's because i don't get to dress up very often or maybe deep down i do want to be picked over everyone else.

walking over to my mirror I looked at my reflection, its not very often im lost for words but tonight i was. Who was standing before me? Gone with the jeans, the baggy jumper and the uggs. In their place a stunning floor length master piece, which hugged my killer curves, On my feet are high heels made out of luxurious black snakeskin, to keep out the autumn chill draped around my shoulders was a shawl made out of the best quality cashmere and to carry my essentials i had a jaw dropping clutch made out of the softest leather embellished with gold studs, a knuckle duster grip decorated with jewels and gold skulls to match my rock chic style.

I was still torn with the idea about going to this bitch fest but i plucked up the courage and made my way downstairs. Stopping half way I tried to run back up the stairs to my room but not before being stopped by Rose who blocked my path. After a 5 minute prep talk I reluctantly agreed to go, after all we did put in all this effort. I tried to sneak past my brothers who were caught up with fighting over the last ice cream sandwich, well lets just say sneaking past didn't turn out as well as i hoped. I was spotted, They all turned their heads in my direction and stared at me as i attempted to creep past.

"What are you looking at?" I yelled irritably at their gormless faces. They didn't reply until i threw a pillow at Jacobs face bringing them all back to earth.

"You look beautiful, mum would be very proud" Jacob sweetly smiled at me not attempting to hide the love and pride in his eyes. I ran over and gave him a warm hug before saying goodbye to everyone.

*15 mins later*

The Alphas house was huge! Bigger than any house i have seen, making houses on Cribs look minuscule! Driving closer towards the grand gate i felt butterflies in the pit of my stomache, seeing limos and Porsches drive through the gate made my nerves shoot sky high. As my turn to speak into the buzzer came I couldn't concentrate on anything but all the beautiful women walking around and stepping out of their million pound cars. I could feel my wolf growling competitively about the women, she's beginning to get really possessive, god knows over what! I will never understand that wolf.

Pulling up outside the house has done nothing to help my nerves at ALL! The massive gold doors are wide open leading into a marble hallway with a crystal chandelier hanging graciously over the long running red carpet which leads down the hall and up the sweeping staircase. I cautiously climb out the car, minding my step I gracefully stick the landing. The last thing i wanted to do was fall flat on my face infront of all these stunning bachelorettes and the Alpha.

Handing my keys over to the valet i start to make my way towards the mansion, turning the heads of everyone as i passed. I handed my shawl to the servant and continued walking with my clutch bag tightly clapsed in my hands. Trying not to show my nerves I cast my eyes around the room to see if i recognised anyone until my eyes rest on a tall man leaning against the door frame, I continue to stare as his eyes roamed my body. feeling myself blushing I break eye contact as he begins to walk my way. Studying the way he walks brings back a memory of us together as kids playing by the lake in my fathers pack. At that point he was standing in front of me and was beginning to pull me into a bear hug.

"Ember! Its soo good to see you" He shouted crushing me in his tight grip.

"Zander! How have you been, i havent seen you in ages! Why are you here instead of at The Moonstone Pack? slightly confused I question him trying to sound serious but the excitement of finally seeing him after 7 years makes it come out more as a squeal.