Chapter 25: Time Is Running Out

During a Mortem ceremony the only members who remain in human form are the Alpha, Luna and their offspring so that leaves only Hunter and I as humans during the entire ceremony which is said to last just over an hour.

Standing in front of the mirror I fixed my long majestic white dress, the long strips of fine sheer fabric trailed behind me like the veil of a wedding dress, under dress was a knee length tight fitting silk dress which was topped with many layers of sheer material leaving the front bare and the underdressed visible. The dress was light and elegant which flowed softly with every movement, gently gripping the bottom of the long train I started spinning on the spot laughing in amusement at how it would lift around me resembling a tutu.

Stopping myself from spinning I stood analysing my dress in the mirror when I spot the reflection of Hunters leaning figure resting on the door frame casually watching me while holding a large polished wooden box in his hands. Turing around I walked face first into his large sculpted chest, looking up at his handsome face I go on my tip toes and wrap my arms around his neck pulling him down in order to plant a soft kiss on his plump lips.

Pulling away I turned around to face the mirror again leaning against his chest for support and comfort. Hunter placed the box on the vanity before wrapping his arms around my waist resting his hands on my bump.

"Almost time" whispering in my ear he placed a sweet kiss under my ear before pulling away and walking towards the box.

"Babe. Why am I wearing a white dress? It looks like I'm wearing a wedding dress" asking in confusion I watched Hunters movements in the mirrors reflection.

"Well for a Mortem ceremony the Alphas dress in the colours of their wolves you're lucky yours is white because I've been to a few of these and some Alphas are stuck with brown and beige. Well because your wolf is white and mine is black we are sorta stuck with wedding colours" chuckling at the end of his sentence Hunter opened the box and hid what was inside behind his back.

"As I was putting on this black suit I began to wonder why is it that I have made you my Luna, my Mate and the mother of my children but not my wife. That made me wonder how and when will I eventually propose, shall I do it after the baby is born, after the ceremony, on a beach. But then I realised that I don't have time to make all these plans because I love you and can't wait another second knowing that I haven't claimed you as mine in every way possible"

Gazing into each other's eyes Hunter slowly lowered on to one knee and gently took my hand in one of his. Pulling a small black box from behind his back he released my hand and began opening it.

"Ember will you do me the honour..."

"Alpha, Luna we require you both outside the ceremony is soon to begin" One of the pack soldiers entered the room with a guilty look on his face.

"You are dismissed!" Hunter growled lowly causing the solider to nod in respect and scurry away.

"Babe calm down it was not his fault, we will continue this later I promise" Hunter stood up and kissed me on the head before placing the small velvet box back in the wooden one.

Hunter walked over to the mirror where I once was and began fiddling with his grey tie which went perfectly with his black suit, watching in amusement I shuffled over to where he was and gently removed his hands from the mess of a tie. Hunter moved both his hands to my hips and leant down so I could fix his tie.

"Hmmm do you know what I find funny? That a big bad Alpha like yourself struggles to tie a tie yet finds it extremely easy to kill someone with your bare hands" finishing tying the steel grey tie I look up to see Hunter smiling down at me whilst chuckling in amusement.

"Come on we can't leave them waiting" Hunter kissed me on the nose before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room.

After arriving at the outdoor podium Hunter and I stood on the platform looking out across the sea of wolves, the site was both beautiful and terrifying seeing all of these marvellous creatures ranging in size, ranking and colour.

"Bring forth former 3rd in command and pack member Cole Saberon Harrison" Hunters voice boomed through the woods without any microphone needed.

Cole emerged through the long gap left between the wolves in his human form, the wolves all began growling and snapping at the traitor as he made his way towards the podium. He was instantly pushed onto his knees by the surrounding wolves.

"You are hereby being banished for the FAILED attempt of mating, claiming, marking, fuc.." Hunter began to shake with anger as his grip tightened on the podium causing his knuckles to turn white.

I placed my hand on top of Hunters and placed a kiss on his cheek before taking his place at the podium.

"Cole Saberon Harrison is hereby banished for unfaithful and disloyal acts towards the pack and Alpha family" I took Hunters hand in mine before pulling him back to the podium.

"Cole you are banished from both the immortal and pack world. You will remember nothing of your wolf, this pack or ANY previous event. All memories will be replaced by mortal events and feelings. Due to your crimes against this pack and MY MATE you will be given to a human prison and placed in there under the offence of rape and will be placed on the sexual offenders list"

Looking down at Cole I saw him smirk and wink at me, looking away in disgust I move closer to Hunter resulting in his arm snaking around my waist.

"If anyone disagrees with the sentence please speak now" the woods remained silent not a single bird chirped and not a single tree rustled in the wind.

"Bring him over to the temple" Hunter grabbed my hand and walked me over to a stone temple that had stairs leading up to a silver door. Hunter bit his finger causing blood to be drawn a drew half a circle on the door, looking into his eyes Hunter nodded his head causing me to hold my finger up to his mouth giving him permission to bite it and draw the other half completing the circle.

Hunter wrapped his arm around my waist and lead me inside of the door towards a big stone table. Cole was assisted by three of our fighters who pinned him down on the table allowing Hunter to tie the shackles.

Hunter and I went up another series of steps that took us to two throne style chairs where a lever was pulled which opened the roofs sky light because the ceremony takes place at night when the moon is at its highest.

At this point the eldest of our pack brought in a set of pure silver knives she picked up a slim knife with the handle of one our ancestors claws, she approached Cole and made a slit in the shape of a on his bare chest. Since werewolves are unholy creatures by doing this it's sending our wolfs soul back to where it originated. After the cross was made a the elder took a small vial out from under the table which contained a pure silver liquid.

"Before my memory is wiped I just want to say Ember I should've taped your mouth closed when I attempted to mate you that way I would've gotten away with it and it would be my pup growing in there not that pathetic mutts!" Cole demonic laugh filled the temple after his revolting confession.

Hunter was gone in a flash, before I could process what was happening Hunter was standing next to Coles lifeless body.

----------
Sorry for the wait! Exams are stressful as fuck! Anyways continue voting, following and commenting because I love reading what you've got to say. Love ya XxX