Chapter 26

"Happy birthday Adrianna."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Thanks. But, why are you just staring at me Raheem?"

I woke up this morning to see Raheem staring at me with a huge smile on his face.

"Because you look absolutely gorgeous and I'm admiring your new look." He gently kissed my lips, causing me to smile. He's a perfect gentleman and I am lucky to have him.

Yes, Keisha convinced me to let her do my hair and eyebrows. At first I was a little skeptical. I felt like changing my appearance wouldn't do anything for me. It's just my appearance after all. But, change can sometimes be good. A whole lot has changed in my life in not even a whole year. Mostly good, I can't lie. So, having Keisha chop of a good bit of my hair was like letting go of parts of my past.

I now have cherry brown hair that stops a little below my shoulders. It is a big difference, but I like it. I feel like I have more... confidence with my new hair. It's weird that something as simple as hair can have such a big affect on a person's whole mood.

"I'm so lucky to have you Raheem. I know I don't always show you how much I love you, but I don't know what I'd do without you. You complete me."

He kissed me again.

"Aww, I think being pregnant has made you a big ol' softee. You show me every time you look my way. Your eyes give it away."

I laughed. "Maybe so. I love my family so much. You, Layla, our unborn child."

"You forgot a very important person in the equation."

"Who?"

"Yourself. You have to love yourself, because yourself... well you, are an amazing person."

This man. His words and actions constantly remind me why I am so deeply in love with him. I can easily see myself spending the rest of my life with him.

"Of course I love myself. That goes without saying though Raheem." I laughed while sitting up. He put his hand on my belly then started sprinkling kisses all over my belly.

I wish I could just stay in bed with Raheem all day, but I know I need to get ready to leave. I am the one that's going to pick up my dad!

After my lovey dovey moment with my soulmate, I got out of bed and went over to my closet to pick out something to wear. I picked out a cute coral peplum dress, a white cardigan, and white sandals.

I did my thing in the bathroom then came out to get dressed. As I was getting dressed, my phone started ringing. I looked at my phone to see my grandmother's number. We haven't talked ever since that day in the hospital. I am not the reason for that though, she is. I've tried to stay in contact with her and be in her life, but she won't really let me be. I don't know how we fell out, but we just did. I'm not about to beg her to be in her life either. I will, however, answer the phone. I'm not as petty as some people are.

"Hello?"

"Happy birthday Adrianna."

She said that shit so dry like. No enthusiasm at all whatsoever.

"Thanks."

"So what are your plans for today?"

I slid my cardigan and watch on then I walked out the bedroom, running my fingers through my curly hair.

"Well actually I have to go pick up Raymond. He gets out today. Ironic, right?"

"Very." She continued in her dry tone. "Well I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. If you have any spare time today, even though I doubt you will, stop by my house later."