Chapter 24

"Adrianna?"

I slowly opened my eyes to see Raheem sitting beside me.

"Are you okay baby girl? Were you having a bad dream? You were whining in your sleep."

He started running his fingers through my curly locks, which felt really good since my hurts.

"Maybe I was whining because my head and stomach hurts. I hope I'm not catching the flu or anything."

"I hope not either Dri."

I looked over at the clock to see that it was almost six o'clock. I need to get up now if I want to get ready to go see my family.

I slowly sat up then got off the bed.

"Don't you want to just lay down and see if you'll feel better Adrianna?" He grabbed my hand to stop me from walking away.

"I don't want you or anyone else to think that I'm trying to get out of meeting my family once again. I need to go."

"But you actually have a reason this time. I can tell you don't feel well." He stood up and pulled the blanket back on the bed. "Get back in bed baby."

He ain't gotta tell me twice!

I got in bed and he lightly kissed my lips. "I hope you feel better soon baby. If you need me I'll be in the backyard playing with Layla."

"Okay Raheem. I love you."

"I love you too Adrianna."

{The Next Day}

"What does i-"

"Adrianna?"

The boxes in my hand hit the ground. It's quiet in here, so suddenly hearing Raheem's voice scared the shit out of me.

"Uh." I grabbed my underclothes then put them on. "Yeah?"

"I was just checking on you to make sure you're okay. You're super quiet."

I picked up my peach colored pants and stepped into them then I put my beige long sleeved shirt on.

"I was just umm. Doing my hair. Yeah. Nothing major."

My hair is still up in a bun from the other day, so I brushed my hair and tried to make it look neat.

"Oh okay. You sound nervous or something Dri."

Ha! If he knew what I possibly know then he would be nervous too!

I finished getting ready them I opened the door.

"Oh shit!"

I closed the door then picked up the three boxes. Luckily I had my purse sitting on the counter, so I put the boxes in it then picked it up.

I flushed the toilet then opened the door again with a smile on my face.

"Had to clean up the bathroom, it was a mess."

"Why are you acting so weird today?"

I laughed at him then walked over to my sandals to slide into them.

"I suppose I'm just a weird person in general. But umm. Yeah. I think I'm gonna go."

I gave him a peck on his lips before walking out the room and down the stairs. I don't feel like playing twenty one questions with him. He's concerned about me though, there's nothing wrong with that.

I noticed Layla laying on the sofa watching cartoons, so I went over to her and kissed her on her head.

"See you later baby."

"Bye Mommy. Love you."

I smiled wide when she called me 'Mommy'. I love it. I love that she is comfortable enough to call me that. No one told her she had to, she just randomly started doing it.

"Take care baby."

I walked out of the house and over to my car. As I sat in my car, I contemplated looking in my purse, but I decided against it. I started my car then left the house.

Thirty minutes later I'm parked outside of an old looking house with a bunch of cars in front of it.

I took another drink of water then I got out my car.

As soon as I was about to knock on the door it swung open. There I see a beautiful, elderly lady with a medium olive complexion and long grayish/white hair.

"Ahhh muy bonita!"

She pulled me into a tight hug as she continued speaking in Spanish.

She pulled back from the hug and started laughing. "I know you think I'm loca but I promise I'm not. I've been wanting to meet you for so long. You are just as beautiful as I imagined."

"You are very beautiful too. I'm sorry I've took so long to meet you. I have j-"

"Better late than never baby girl. Come on in. You have a lot of siblings to meet. Seems as though my dear son just couldn't keep it in his pants." She laughed more. "But that just means more people to spoil for me! Come on."

At first I thought meeting all of my siblings would be really awkward, but I was wrong. I also got to meet my grandpa, my aunt, and my uncles.

It's cool that we were all able to sit down and have a family dinner filled with laughs and good conversation.

I stayed at my grandmother's house for about three hours until I had to go home and face my fear.

The three pregnancy tests I took. Why three? Hell if I know! I just know that I have to look at them if I want to know if I'm pregnant or not.

The symptoms I've been having are what make me feel like I may be pregnant. The symptoms and the slight change in my weight that I've noticed. I've been about the same size for years now, so for some of my shirts to fit me a bit more snug has to mean something.

There's another factor that has me curious too. I missed my period for the month. It typically happens around the middle of the month. Two weeks later and still nothing.

If I am pregnant I might try to keep it a secret for as long as I can.

Me getting pregnant at a time like this would be pretty bad I think. What if Raheem's health starts declining even more? What if some more drama gets stirred up with my family? What if I start stressing a lot? What will happen with school?

One miscarriage was enough, I don't want and couldn't deal with another one.

Instead of going into the house when I got home, I grabbed my purse from behind my seat then pulled the tests out of their boxes.

All three of them had the same results. Positive.

"Dammit!" I tossed them aside then put my head in my hands.