Chapter 3

"She what?!" I put my hand on my chest with the biggest grin on my face.

"Yes girl it shocked us too. Lelanie was in full blown tears over you. We couldn't even get on the bus good enough before she just started crying her eyes out."

"Aww that's cute. I couldn't imagine her mean ass crying about me. Someone should have got that on camera for me!"

"Bitch I hope you know I can hear you! And anyway I wasn't crying that hard. This heifer is exaggerating."

I laughed at her. "Damn Key thank you for telling me I'm on speaker!"

"Oops. My bad. You know her short self sneaks up on people anyway."

I looked around, trying to find a good parking spot. Wal Mart is always packed. It doesn't matter what time of day or night it is either.

"I tried to call you last night though. Why didn't you answer or return my calls?" Lelanie asked.

Ugh, She would bring up last night, wouldn't she? I would have loved to answer her and talk all night, but that would have been hard to do while crying in a pillow while being man handled.

"Maybe I was asleep when you called, Clariece."

"Don't call me that, Giselle. And anyway we all know that a pen dropping on a carpet would wake you up."

"I have no problem being called by my middle name. It's a cute one, almost as cute as yours Clarie. I was tired last night. You know how I sleep when I'm tired."

I waited for a car to back out of a spot then I parked my car and turned it off. I pulled my makeup bag out my big ass purse so I could apply my foundation and concealer. I was so ready to leave ho... Malcolm's house, so I didn't have time to put any makeup on.

"So why don't I hear Tiffany in the background? Where is she?"

"In the bathroom. She always has been the one that takes the longest to get ready." I heard Quianna say.

"Oh, so do y'all like the apartment?"

I wish I was there with them. Our plan was to get a place not to far from college just so we could stay together. That's why we were all working to save up for it.

Even though I couldn't go with them, I still gave them the money I saved up towards it. They didn't want to take my money but I had to give it to them.

The more I think about them and where they are, the sadder I get. I'm not doing a damn thing with my education. Now I'm gonna live up to what most people do. Most people waste all their time in high school just to be stuck either without a job, with a low paying job, or a job they hate for the rest of their life.

"It's nice. Two bedrooms. A bathroom. Plenty of closet space. Furniture. Three girls, it needs four though. You never told us why you changed your mind about college. You were the one the most hype about it and you worked really hard for it then you just up and said you weren't going. Is it because of your rich husband? Wow, that sounds weird to say. Adrianna and husband. Those two don't even sound right in the same sentence. Everyone always thought you would end up with Raheem Ridgeway though. Wh-"

"Key!" Lelanie cut her off.

I shook my head then picked out a red Chanel lipstick to put on my lips.

"I changed my mind because, I just did. College isn't for everyone and I don't think it's for me. But anyway, what do y'all have planned for the weekend?"

"Don't get too mad, but we are going to a concert tonight."

I applied my lipstick as I looked in my mirror.