Chapter 4

*Hayes POV*
It's been 2 days since Lyric and I started dating. It seems like forever. I know her better than almost anyone, and she even admitted that she can tell me more than she can tell her mom and dad. She's most comfortable with me.
When I'm not around her I get sad, tired, droopy, and I don't want to do anything. Both of our parents know that if one of us is sick and isn't going to school, neither of us are.
I remember last year she caught the flu so I stayed home for like 3 days with her so she could get better. I don't know how I made those three days of taking care of her without catching the flu. I guess her presence makes the impossible possible, or at least seem like it. I love her with all my heart. literally.
In fourth grade we had to write poems about an emotion and mine was about love. Man, I was girly.
"Love is joy,
Perfection is the key,
Your captain says ahoy,
As the love ship sails the sea."
It's about her. She's perfection. I love riding boats and plus, we were learning about pirates in history at the time.

*Lyric POV*
(At Hayes' house)
Nash, Kayleigh, Hayes and I are spending the day together. We are going to the mall and then to Hayes and I favorite restaurant, Outback Steakhouse. We always get the same thing and share it. it's cute because when he finishes his plate, he always helps me. We get steak, fries and a side of vegetables. We've always been healthy. We make sure we're not getting too fat.
~
"Hayes, Lyric! we're leaving! Let's go!"
"Coming!"
Me and Hayes got off the couch and walked outside to Nash's truck.
Nash is driving, Kayleigh in the front seat, and me and Hayes in the back.
Nash turned on the radio and All That Matters by Justin Bieber was blasting. Me and Hayes looked at each other and smirked, then texted Carter. He's so obsessed with Justin Bieber.
"OHHH OHHH!"
~
(At the mall)
Me and Hayes both brought $200 each. We went straight to the kiosks. The first one was phone cases and we both got a few cases. Then was the personalized tee shirts and hoodies.
I looked through the hoodies and pointed out one. They were matching and they said "she's mine" and "he's mine"
Hayes fell in love with them and we asked the woman if those are the ones we wanted. She noticed Hayes.
"Oh you're Hayes Grier!"
"Yeah."
"Your Vines are so funny! You and Nash are so awesome!"
"Thanks!"
The woman made our hoodies and we instantly put them on.
Next, I made Hayes go into Hollister with me and get some jeans and a new skirt. The weather is nice now and jeans aren't in right now.
Since he went to Hollister with me, he made me go into the Vans store. It didn't bug me. I got a new pair of floral print Vans and some pink ones. My old pink ones were a little bit worn out.
After that we went to the food court and got some pretzels. A few girls noticed Hayes but didn't approach him. I'm glad.
*hayes POV*
We were in the food court. I decided I wanted to get Lyric something. I told her to wait in the bathroom so I would know where she was and she agreed but was confused.
I know her favorite store is either Aeropostale or American Eagle. I decided on Aeropostale and walked in. I got her a cool hoodie and a few tank tops. She loves tank tops. I walked to the register and payed. 56.97. that's a lot for 3 tank tops and a hoodie. It's worth it.
I walked back to the food court and texted Lyric. She came back out and I handed her the bag.
She looked inside and hugged me. Her hugs are the best.
She told me that it was her turn, and she went.
She walked away and I went on Twitter in the bathroom so nobody would notice me.
She came back like 15 minutes later.
She handed me a bag from Hollister. A few tee shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and a box.
She was holding an identical box. She told me to open it and inside was a necklace. It was half a heart and it said Lyric. Hers was the same except it said Hayes.
Ugh she's so perfect I can't explain. I love her to death. She's so sweet.
Nash texted me to come out to the car and we did. we drove home and Lyric rested her head on my shoulder. It's not like she's done that before, but it felt so right.
Everything feels right with her now that we're dating.