Chapter 2

*Hayes POV*

Lyric let me in the door. We were going to hang out for 2 hours since the movie was at 12. She showed me to her room and I put my penny board next to hers. She sat right next to me.

"Do you wanna go to the park?"

She hesitated. Why?

"Uhm, yeah!"

"Okay race ya!"

We ran outside and we were halfway down the middle of the street when she jumped on my back. I slowed down and walked the rest of the way.

"Let's go to the tree!"

"Why not Hayes..."

Why does she keep hesitating? Am I doing something wrong?

We climbed up the tree and I noticed there was some new writing. I read things like "I love you Hayes" and "hayes is perfect"

I blushed and asked her if she did it.

She awkwardly looked away so I wouldn't notice her cheeks getting red but I did.

She looked me at me with her beautiful blue eyes. Her blonde hair was perfectly straight and braided. she looked amazing.

"Hayes, I did write that. Matter of fact I wrote this one yesterday."

She pointed to a carving. It read "I love Hayes with all my heart" with a really cute heart.

I debated with myself if I should ask her if she likes me or if I should wait.

"Lyric?"

"Yeah Hayes?"

"Do you, uhh,"

I gulped

"What Hayes? like you?"

"Umm yeah..."

"Well, do you like me?"

"No."

"Oh."

"I love you."

She looked at me with bright red cheeks. I reached for her hand and decided I would ask her out.

"Lyric, I have had feelings for you since the 3rd grade. I have an entire notebook about you. I didn't want to forget you if we seperated in the future. Will you be my girlfriend?"

she looked at me with wet eyes.

"Hayes! You're so cute! How could I say no?"

"I'm taking that as a yes."

"Of course!"

She looked at me and smiled. I embraced her with the tightest hug ever. I whispered to her.

"I love you Lyric."

"I love you too Hayes."

We climbed off the tree and walked back to her house. We held hands the entire way. I felt the sparks. It felt perfect.

When we got to her house I didnt realize how much time we spent reading all of the carvings. It was 11:45.

We decided we would start penny boarding there.

I can't believe I am dating the most perfect girl ever. I can't wait to tell Nash and Kayleigh.