Chapter 1.

I was awaken by the sound of my iPhone buzzing. I turned to look at it and saw that it was Hayes trying to FaceTime me. He always woke up before me. I hesitantly answered it.

"Morning sunshine!"

"Morning Haaasssss!"

"What do you wanna do today?"

I hesitated for a moment and replied.

"Maybe we could go to the movies! There is a new movie out and I really wanna see it!"

"Okay when is it playing?"

"I'll look and text you. I think the next showing is 12:45. Will that work?"

"Yeah, be ready! I'll walk over to your house in 1 hour."

"Okay love ya!"

"Love you too!"

We hung up. I had an hour to get ready. I am so excited to go to the movies! Me and Hayes haven't gone to do anything at all lately. All we do on the weekends are play video games and mess with Nash and his girlfriend Kayleigh. Kayleigh is like my big sister. The only sisters I have are 4 and 8. I have an older brother that is nash's age. We always hang out together in the summer and have huge barbecues.

I looked at the clock. It was 8:45. I ran to my closet and looked through my clothes. It was supposed to be 78 degrees today, so I grabbed a crop top and some high waisted shorts. I feel like a slut if I wear a crop top with my stomach showing. I'm only in seventh grade! I walked down the hall and jumped in the shower. I got dressed and ran back into my room. 9:15. Hayes would be here soon. I blow dried my hair and straightened it, then put it into a waterfall braid. I looked decent. I put on my black Vans and checked myself in the mirror one last time. I was wearing a blue and white chevron print crop top, denim colored high waisted shorts and my Vans. Typical!

I ran downstairs and poured a bowl of Cheerios and cut up some fresh strawberries. I checked the time on my phone and went on Twitter.

"Movie time with the bestie! So excited! 😋 @HayesGrier"

I scrolled through my feed while I waited for Hayes.

*Hayes POV*

After me and Lyric hung up on FaceTime, I got up and put on my blue nike shorts, my white muscle tank, and my black Vans. I picked out a SnapBack and ran to Nash's room. Kayleigh slept over last night.

" Wake up sleepy heads it's 9:00!"

Nash grounded and Kayleigh woke up to the sound of me jumping on the bed. Nash threw a pillow at me and I took a pillow from the bed and hit him with it.

"Hayes!!!! Why are you up and wild already?"

"I'm going to the movies with Lyric!"

"Do you need a ride?"

"We are going to penny board there it only takes 5 minutes."

"Okay have fun and text me."

"Okay."

I left Nash's room and ran downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a box of Lucky Charms and poured two bowls. I grabbed the milk from the fridge and poured it into the bowls also. I grabbed some spoons, put the two bowls on the table and ran to Skylynn's room. I found her playing with her horses.

"Morning Sky!"

"Morning! You wanna play horsies?"

"I can't! Maybe later though. I made you some breakfast come downstairs!"

I picked her up and ran downstairs. We ate and I checked the time. 9:40. I ran upstairs with skylynn on my shoulders and threw her on the bed. I kissed her goodbye and ran to my moms room. I explained to her that I was going to the movies with Lyric and that I would be back later. She was fine with it. I ran to my room, grabbed my wallet and my phone. I pressed the home button and the screen lit up. 9:43. I checked twitter and I saw a tweet from Lyric.

"Movie time with the bestie! so excited! 😋"

It kind've hurt that it said bestie. It always has. I've had feelings for her since the 3rd grade. But I just don't know if she likes me back.

I ran over to Lyric's house with my penny board and knocked on the door. She answered with a big smile and embraced me with a hug. She's so perfect. She was wearing a chevron crop top, shorts that covered where the crop top didn't and black vans. Today was going to be awesome.