Chapter 4 -- Confessions

It was eating me alive. It was keeping me up all night, not being able to sleep. I needed to tell him. I had to tell him, now. Before it ate me away.

I mean, it was 5 months ago, surly Louis wouldn't be that angry, right?

I groaned and chucked my pillow over my head at my desk chair. No matter how much I tryed to convince myself, I knew Louis would be angry.

So angry.

It was his best mate, the one he trusted with everything. Or atleast used to. Before the band anyways, I don't think Louis would ever think he'd ever do something like that.

I didn't either. I acted like he was my big brother, and look where that got me.

Filthy. Disgusting. Stupid.

How could I be so stupid?

To let that happen. I knew it was my fault, I could remember the exact night. He was drunk, I was drunk, and the car broke down. It was a perfect plan for disaster.

How could I be so, so stupid?

Not caring much what I looked like, I threw on some jeans and a long-sleeved gray shirt, fitted to my body so it atleast looked like I gave a little effort. Concealer, mascara, hair in a long ponytail, and then I was done.

Before stepping out, I glanced at myself in the mirror. Ugh. Even when I didn't try it still looked like I did. My messy look never passed.

There was clattering downstairs in the kitchen, and when I got down I saw Liam at the stove, Niall over his shoulder like always and trying to snatch the food. 3 figures where at the table, but I didn't bother looking. I couldn't stand to look Louis in the eye when I was lieing to him. We had been close as children, he was always my protecter. My best friend. My everything. It was crazy how close we where, and he could always tell when I was lieing.

I didn't like lieing to him. Not one bit. But right now, the lie I was telling wouldn't hurt him. Atleast I hope.

"Hi guys." I greeted, taking a seat with my back towards the three and facing Niall's back.

"Hey Kylie." they all greeted back.

"I'm making pancakes." Liam said, I heard a sizzle from the stove. Niall jumped. "His pancakes are the bomb!"

"They truly are." Louis said from behind me. Then, "How're you Ky?" he asked.

I took a deep breath. One more day. "Fine." I said, trying to keep my voice low because my voice always skips to soprano when I lie.

He believed it. "Goooood." Thank God.

A while later, the boys dug into their pancakes and I sat there, chomping on pieces of ice in my drink.

"Angry?" Harry laughed from across the table as I snapped an ice cube in half.

"Peachy." I muttered, taking a sip. Wasn't in the mood for conversation.

My phone buzzed from inside my pocket.

"It's Liam." it read.

I glanced up to see Liam glance at me from his phone. I smirked.

"How did you get my number?" I texted back.

"Stole it from Louis. Anyway, are you ok? You seem a little off."

I let out a deep breath, hoping he wouldn't notice my outtake. "I'm fine."

I got a reply back instantly. "No you're not. Your face is strained. You can tell me Kylie."