Chapter 2 -- Headaches and Veggie Tales

I don't really know how long I was curled up on my bed for, but you don't really keep track of time when your life's falling apart, now do you?

Deciding I should probably get down there so Louis wouldn't be worried like always, I slowly sat up, rubbing my aching head. Ugh. Why did I always get headaches when I cryed?

Oh yeah. Because i'm pathetic. Right.

I looked out my half-closed window, and I was guessing it was around 7 or so because it was still somewhat light out. I could tell it was starting to get darker though.

Like my soul.

Wow. I sound all emo and shit.

God, what is wrong with me?

A knock on my door made me flinch. Why was I so jumpy lately? "Kylie? Are you there?" a voice said, and hallelujah it wasn't Louis.

Before I could mutter a "go away i'll be right down", the door burst open and Liam came walking in casually with a big smile on his face and his hands stuffed inside his pockets.

Then he saw that I was crying.

Liam's smile faltered and he came over to sit beside me on my large bed, his hand going to my knee. "You okay Kylie?" he asked. Trying to suck up my tears, I attempted to clear my throat, but only a big knot formed in my throat. My eyes stung, making them water slightly more and I felt more tears roll down my cheeks.

"Hey," he said gently. 'What's wrong?"

Instead of trying to clear my throat again, I took a giant breath to calm myself. "Just..some issues i'll have to get over." I said quietly, which was one hundered percent true. I hadn't had a great experince a few months ago, and I was only dreading having to tell Louis. No doubt he'd freak out and demand he go punch the guys face in. That was only part of the reason.

Only 3 more days, I thought. Only 3 days until it's officially been 2 years.

I glanced over at the mirror directly infront of me, and instantly wished I hadn't.

I looked absolutly dreadful. My eyes where red and puffy from all of my crying, and there where dark black circles under my eyes that made me look like I hadn't slept in days. Which in all honesty, I had woken up every single night for the past 2 weeks with nightmares.

Not only where my eyes bad, but my cheeks where flushed dramactically and my lips where pale. I looked sick, but actually I was just mourning.

Again.

I sighed and Liam patted my knee. "Well, even though we just met and I don't know what happend, i'm always here to talk if you don't want to talk to Louis." he said, and I looked over at him then, his face a mixture of sympathy and caring.

I wiped my eyes again. "Really?" I asked. Do I really trust him with my secrets, my thoughts, worries? I havn't trusted anyone, not even Lou, since the inncident a few months ago. I shuddered lightly at the thought. I'd never forget that.

"Really." he said genuinly, pulling me into a bear hug. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders while his roamed my back soothingly. I felt myself relax at his friendly touch. I could already tell we where going to get along well.

I let go all too soon, never comfortable with long hugs anymore and ran my hand through my already messy hair. "Thanks Liam." I said thankfully.

He smiled at me playfully. "No problem, mini-Tommo." I laughed at his name. Louis' old highschool friends used to call me that. I guess it got out in the clear. "But we should probably get downstairs before Louis figures out that somethings wrong." Liam chuckled, standing up from the edge of my bed and brushing his pants off.