Chapter 17: The war begins

Chapter 17:

Brandon started making his way towards us, and I knew we had to pick up the pace. The other rogues that were intermingled in the crowd of people started to block off Antony and Tomas, as they tried to make their way towards us. Trevor was already fighting with another rogue, and people started to scream once they saw the rogue's eyes glowing red, and Trevor's eyes completely black. Their canines were already elongated, and they were a hair away from shifting right there.

I looked behind me and noticed Brandon was only about ten feet away from us. I knew I could take him on, and had no worries in that department. It was the fact that the humans were everywhere, and I didn't want us to shift right here and now. We needed to get outside and into the woods that surrounded the mall, quickly.

"We need to move faster! He's gaining on us!" I shouted to the girls. With that said, we ran at wolf speed, and were out the door before anyone had a chance to blink, only to be met up by more rogues outside.

'Shit! Now what do we do? There's only three of us and about twenty of them!' Ava shrieked in my mind, totally freaking out! The rogues in front of us started growl menacingly at us, and Cynthia started to get scared. I could tell by the way she gasped and her heart started to race.

'Both of you lock arms with me.' I commanded in their minds, and they did. I ran at morphed speed, faster than a regular werewolf. They couldn't even see us, not even a slight blur, that's how fast I was running, carrying both girls on each arm. We made it to the woods in no time.

'Antony, we are at the clearing in the woods. Hurry your butt up and get here, but make sure the rogues follow. I want to take care of them once and for all...oh and by the way, there's a troup of rogues outside, so be careful.' I told Antony in his mind.

'Ok, be there in a bit.' came his quick reply, and two minutes later, he was by my side. We waited in the clearing until we heard distinct growling coming from all around us. We were definitely surrounded, but I still wasn't panicking. I looked around us and noticed Cynthia was starting to hyperventilate. I squeezed her hand, and she looked at me with pure terror in her eyes.

"It's going to be ok, Cyn. I won't let none of those bastards touch you, and you can be rest assured that your mate won't either. She just nodded her head at me shakily.

'Dad, we need you and the pack. We are in the woods near the mall, and are surrounded by rogues. Please hurry!' I called down the mind link to my father. I know I am no longer apart of my father's pack, but I can mind link to anyone, because of my special abilities.

'How many?' came my dad's worried response.

'Don't know, they are still hiding themselves in the trees, but they are all around. Their scent is everywhere, and their growling is echoing all around.' I told him.

'I'll be there in five minutes. Hold them off til I get there.' he said, and just then a lone wolf emerged from his hiding spot. He was a big brown wolf. I knew from his scent that it was Gordon. We all were still in our human forms, but I could feel my wolf inside wanting to break free and reek havoc among these pitiful rogues. They really didn't know who they were dealing with and they were soon to find out. I know I sound cocky, but fighting is what I am good at, and even better now that I am mated and stronger!

"So...you finally decide to show yourself Gordon!" I scoffed at him. He lowered his head at me and growled a warning at me. "Like you can scare me with your growling. It's such a pathetic move on your part that I don't know whether to laugh or cry." I shifted right then to challenge him, but first I just wanted to "play" a little. You know, to throw him off guard a little. I know that Antony and my father had more reason to rip this sorry excuse of a wolf to shreds than I did, so I'll just stall him, til my dad arrives.