Chapter 22:

After we all had breakfast and washed up for the day, Antony and I headed back to the school to get ready for class. I had this unsettling feeling in my stomach and I couldn't shake the feeling. Antony picked up on the vibes and asked if I was okay. I nodded, but didn't make eye contact, because I knew he'd see right through my lie. I knew he didn't believe me anyways, but he didn't pry. He just grunted and we continued to walk in silence.

After a few moments, he put his arm around my shoulders and gave me a light squeeze. My uneasiness eased up a little bit, and I was eternally grateful that he was always there for me; even when he doesn't understand or know what is going on inside me, he's always there to comfort me. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.

We made it to our dorms, and we rushed to get ready. I ran a quick brush through my hair and changed my clothes. Antony took a quick shower, and was ready in less than ten minutes. We grabbed our bags and ran out of our dorm. We still had five minutes to be in class, so we didn't run. We just walked briskly down the corridor. As we passed Cynthia's dorm, I could smell the scent of her mother's perfume. I knew she was still in there, and I could hear her pacing rapidly in the dorm. I wanted to ignore the fact that her mom was still here, still pestering Cynthia about going to Japan, but I just couldn't help myself.

I quickly linked into Mrs. Morton's mind and found that she was thinking irrational thoughts. Her thoughts were sporadic and frantic. I took special care not to alert her that I was in her thoughts, and tried to make sense of her thoughts. Viktor's name kept popping up, and revenge.

'must get revenge for my love'

'that little twit must die'

'how can she be so naïve and not know that I know exactly who she is? And now she has brainwashed my daughter into thinking she's a saint?'

I had no clue who she was talking about, but my gut feeling told me that she was talking about me. I don't even know this woman, and she thinks she knows me? If she is talking about me, then she is in for a big surprise. If she plans on seeking revenge on me for "her love"; and I am assuming its Viktor; then she's going to be in a world of hurt if she tries anything.

I was just about to leave her mind when she called out to me.

'I know you are in my thoughts, Agnes. I know who you are and what you are, and you better beware of my wrath!'

I growled at her and warned, 'You know nothing of who I am and what I am capable of. If anyone should beware...it's you!'

I cut the link before anything else could be said, but even though I was farther down the corridor from Cynthia's dorm, I could hear Mrs. Morton laugh an evil laugh that sent chills down my spine. I wasn't afraid by any means; I was angered to the core, which caught Antony's attention real quick. He raised his eyebrows at me and this time I couldn't look away.

"What's wrong, and don't lie this time." He demanded.

"We got trouble...or actually, I got trouble, and it has to do with Cynthia's mother. We must not tell Cynthia right now; she will find out soon enough."

"What kind of trouble are we talking about? What is wrong with Cynthia's mother?"

"Let's go to class right now, and at lunch I will explain. I still have much to find out first, but it is not good, and it has something to do with Viktor. I am not sure how he is linked to all this, but like I said...I will find out." I explained as we hurried to our class. He accepted my explanation and asked no more questions. We entered our english class and took our seats without saying a word to each or to anyone else that said hello to us as we entered. We received curious looks and some looks of hurt. I felt bad, but I had too much on my mind to even say a simple hello to anyone. I needed to find out more about Mrs. Morton and her plans for revenge.